1985 Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Vettran

Vettran

Took it to the local bike shop. These guys are bike mechanics, first and foremost. They were ll stoked once they saw the bike. I wish I had the time to work on it myself but we're in the middle of some serious outdoor projects at home so I had to pass.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That's a fine bike. Always nice when the bike shop guys are impressed with your bike. It is definitely worth the time and trouble and expense to get this bicycle done over. You might look at what a 700c conversion may cost you, so you have a wider selection of tires. I have a Bianchi Squadra from about the same period, it came as a 700c though.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Lovely bike, and refreshing that it hasn't been refinished in that awful 1970s bathroom suite colour they use.
There are three competing urban legends about the origin of the celeste colour (aka Bianchi blue/Bianchi green):

1. The colour of the Queen of Italy's eyes (Eduardo Bianchi once made her a bike)
2. The colour of the Milan sky
3. A mixture of surplus military paint

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'll go for no.3 as well. I've been to Milan and the sky is not that colour.
I do love the Bianchi celeste colour though.

Drago

Legendary Member
There are three competing urban legends about the origin of the celeste colour (aka Bianchi blue/Bianchi green):

1. The colour of the Queen of Italy's eyes (Eduardo Bianchi once made her a bike)
2. The colour of the Milan sky
3. A mixture of surplus military paint
4. Armitage Shanks, 1973, the "Jason King" signature bathroom range.

midlife

Guru
Back in the 70's it was the eye colour lol

Top Bottom