1985 Holdsworth Avanti 501

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I thought I would update peeps.
I have had my Avanti for almost a year now. I am sad to say that I will be swapping it for a much older Holdsworth. I will be sad to see it go as it has turned out to be a very good bike. I did 238 miles on it last year which was a third of my total mileage. It might not seem like much but I do have few issues. The total mileage was also shared with several of my other bikes, but the Avanti did the lions share.
It will be going to a new home . I am letting my BIL have it. So if he every wants to move it on I will have it back.
Considering I bought the bike on a whim I was surprised as to how well it performed. I was also surprised as to how well it fitted considering the size of the frame . I usually ride 23.5 22.5 inch frames, being 21.5 I thought it might have been a bit small for me. In actual fact the riding position seemed perfect and I didn't need to keep swapping my hands around on the bars. I discovered that a thread I read somewhere else was correct in that the seemed stable at speed going down hill. I also found that it could be made to go fast quite easily.
So I have discovered that these bikes seem to be underrated. It may only be Reynolds 501 tubing, but it has butted frame tubes and from my experience of riding it it performed well.
A picture taken of it the other day. I had forgotten how good it was to ride it.

Attachments

• DSC_0114.JPG
    DSC_0114.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom