1986 Ammaco Tony Doyle road bike 21" frame, 700c wheels, Dewsbury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
With the arrival of the Raleigh Team bike on Bank Holiday Monday, I need to reduce the bike fleet. It's currently 5 (6 if you could the C2W bike) and I'd agreed with SWMBO that the maximum I would have is 3 :blush: . Yes, my hiding place for the Raleigh Team was discovered :B)

So, my 1986 Ammaco Tony Doyle World Champion bike is on eBay. The start price is £40 but as ever I'm happy for someone on CC to PM me on here if they're interested.

$(KGrHqVHJF!FGSed61BgBRqkkmSg4!~~60_58.JPG

Specs are as follows:

A 1986 Ammaco Tony Doyle World Champion road bike - 21" frame and 21 speed (3x7 triple). Originally in white with World Champion stripes (see pic. 5 and 6) it was painted Leyland Blue last year, when I dismantled much of the bike and re-painted it. The correct frame badge was added, along with a Gios badge. If you’ve never heard of Tony Doyle, have a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Doyle_(cyclist)
  • The frame size is 21” in 4130 lightweight Cromoly. 21" crank to seatpost, 25" downtube, 22.5" top tube stem to seatpost. For information I'm 5'9" with a 31" inside leg.
  • Gears are Suntour with a Suntour ARX triple crank and Suntour 7 downtube shifters and rear derailleur. Cranks are:
  • Shimano 105 brake levers with Shimano Exage brakes
  • Blue handlebar tape fitted last year
  • Comes with front light and rear light (period chunky!)
  • Boardman saddle (not new) fitted last year, with the original Kevlar white saddle available.
  • The wheel size is the now-standard 700c / 28”, with Continental UltraRace 25mm front and Schwalbe Lugano 25mm rear, although these aren’t new.
  • Fittings for mudguards; I’ve had a standard SLS set on over the winter on this bike.
  • Cateye Micro3 wireless computer fitted, but I can’t find the instructions. I’ve never needed it, since it’s only been used for occasional commuting.
The paint for this was kindly donated by Gareth on here as it was being used as a loan bike. The Raleigh Team takes over this role and in most cases it's been my MTB which has been the 'loaner'.

Since last year it has done 280 miles; see http://www.mycyclinglog.com/bike_detail.php?bid=17294

Happy to deliver within a 20-mile radius as long as there’s public transport available back – which I’ll do by riding it to you!
Otherwise, it can be collected from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire – near the M1 / M62, Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield and Wakefield.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sold for £60 - I just hope the buyer pays.

Top Bottom