1986 Carlton Carrera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
I am reluctantly offering for sale my Carlton Carrera, frame No WG 6000986. This leads me to believe the bike was built in Worksop & dates back to 1986. I would describe it as being in reasonably good condition and I believe it is still fitted with many original parts. I acquired the bike last year and all I have done to it is replaced the tyres, tubes & cables. I have only used it a couple of times but at 73 years of age I find the gearing too high for me in the hilly terrain around where I live. I have seen similar Carlton Carreras offered for sale between £600 & £800 and my bike seems to be as good, if not better than most of them.
I am open to offers or alternatively, I would consider an exchange for a touring bike suitable for an extended camping trip.
The bike is located in Whitby , North Yorks. View attachment 406980

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoVUAMkpUAsVyDd6AWoSrgt9Lnf-

The bike is fitted with the following parts.

Frame:- 22.5 inch, Reynolds 531 tubing.

Handlebars:- Cinelli

Stem:- Cinelli

Headset Stronglite

Wheels Mavic Rimms on Mich hubs

Brakes Shimano Golden Arrow

Front & rear mechs Shimano Golden Arrow

Saddle:- San Marco Rolls on a SR Laprade seatpost

Weight 25 lb / 10.9 kilo (according to my bathroom scales :-)

There are a couple of Issues though, When new I believe the bike may have been fitted with Chromed forks, The forks fitted to my Carrera are black but they do appear to be the correct type.

The other problem is that three teeth are missing on the large chain ring on the front. They appear to have been missing for some time but the ring will need to be replaced at some point.

Last edited:
that is a lovely looking thing - best of luck with the sale/exchange

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I am reluctantly offering for sale my Carlton Carrera, frame No WG 6000986. This leads me to believe the bike was built in Worksop & dates back to 1986. I would describe it as being in reasonably good condition and I believe it is still fitted with many original parts. I acquired the bike last year and all I have done to it is replaced the tyres, tubes & cables. I have only used it a couple of times but at 73 years of age I find the gearing too high for me in the hilly terrain around where I live. I have seen similar Carlton Carreras offered for sale between £600 & £800 and my bike seems to be as good, if not better than most of them.
Alternatively, I would consider an exchange for a touring bike suitable for an extended camping trip.
The bike is located in Whitby , North Yorks. View attachment 406980

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoVUAMkpUAsVyDd6AWoSrgt9Lnf-

The bike is fitted with the following parts.

Frame:- 22.5 inch, Reynolds 531 tubing.

Handlebars:- Cinelli

Stem:- Cinelli

Headset Stronglite

Wheels Mavic Rimms on Mich hubs

Brakes Shimano Golden Arrow

Front & rear mechs Shimano Golden Arrow

Saddle:- San Marco Rolls on a SR Laprade seatpost

Weight 25 lb / 10.9 kilo (according to my bathroom scales :-)

There are a couple of Issues though, When new I believe the bike may have been fitted with Chromed forks, The forks fitted to my Carrera are black but they do appear to be the correct type.

The other problem is that three teeth are missing on the large chain ring on the front. They appear to have been missing for some time but the ring will need to be replaced at some point.
That's a Nottingham bike, built by some of the old Worksop staff but the best ones were employed at Ilkeston ( SBDU) as Worksop had been closed for several years. The main way to tell it's an 86 instead of the more valuable 76 is the headbadge, or rather lack of one.

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Thanks for the pic GuyBoden, I tried to do it but for some reason it wouldn't work for me. Thanks to you other guys too, your comments and information are greatly appreciated.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Looks lovely and I agree a little high geared for riding up Lythe bank, but ideal for pootle to Sandsend and back.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think you're allowed that at 73, in fact I think you're allowed ebikes! Having grown up in Glaisdale, I know what the hills are like round you!

Top Bottom