1989 Raleigh Elan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeymustard

Veteran
Picked this up today. It seems to be original apart from the seat stem bolt and the saddle (which should be grey suede-like); it even has the original bar tape - the green at the bottom isn't algae but a spotty effect to match the paintwork, which is almost totally scratch free! New cables and a clean and polish and job's a good'un ^_^
IMAG0161_zpssdlf76gp.jpg

I'm really not sure about that spotty paint finish but it's growing on me [like algae]

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice :becool:

OP
OP
mikeymustard

mikeymustard

Veteran
I shall do that when I take the wheels off, I've got some skinny butt 20mm tyres on another set of wheels that would suit this boy racer bike a treat. CoincIdentally I had an Elan frame delivered to me yesterday while I was out picking this up and that's in pretty much the same condition too

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Main reason is that it's easier to slip rear wheel in if the lever is on the non drive side I find

OP
OP
mikeymustard

mikeymustard

Veteran
Ok quick question regarding the quick release: When I took off the one at the back the lever fell off, it appears there should be a retaining clip on it judging by the groove, is this something that can be sourced from somewhere or am I looking at a complete new skewer?

Top Bottom