1991 Brompton.... Specs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flydog

Hi, anyone know of a specification sheet for a 1991 Brompton?
Failing that what's causing me pain today is the size of the nut needed for the rear axle. The nut on there at the moment is a metric ten mm and it doesn't fit. It's close, but no cigar:smile:
Can anyone tell me what it should be?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
On FB there is the Brompton Touring Club or London Brompton Club. They are very knowlegeable and someone will be quick to help you out.

berlinonaut

Veteran
Hi, anyone know of a specification sheet for a 1991 Brompton?
Failing that what's causing me pain today is the size of the nut needed for the rear axle. The nut on there at the moment is a metric ten mm and it doesn't fit. It's close, but no cigar:smile:
Can anyone tell me what it should be?
If we are really talking about the rear axle it should not differ from more modern Bromptons. At that time the rear hubs were S/A 3AW and S/A 5/2 (predecessor of the sprinter). As far as I know should still be the same size today. Front hub nut size has changed, that's why I am asking.
On FB there is the Brompton Touring Club or London Brompton Club. They are very knowlegeable and someone will be quick to help you out.
You not seem to have any trust in the competence of this forum. Once more you send new members away before current members had even the opportunity to recognize the question the new member asked. If your opinion of this forum is that low - why on earth are you here then?

OP
OP
F

Flydog

Guys, thank you. Now ordered on eBay.
Incidentally, this is the first time my rummage box of random nuts and bolts has let me down.... After all these years it seems it's finally gone fully metric! :biggrin:

Top Bottom