1ST Commute after 4 weeks off ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I did my 1st of the year on Monday and I struggled on the hybrid with a panier full of crap,today rode light on the Secteur no bags just pockets stuffed with essentials,nearly 2mph quicker over the 19 miles really enjoyed it.
Weather keeps saying heavy rain so have planned a 'rest day' for this but they keep moving it on a day so I'm carrying on for the week now.

Matthames

Über Member
Today was my first ride since the weather turned bad. It is amazing how after a few weeks how unfit you can become, my nemesis hill certainly made itself known. My target is to get up it without stopping and to get to my volunteer place without being in a state.

Matthames

Über Member
wanj said:
Until today that is !!!! Same roundabout which I've taken in all weathers, not particularly fast but halfway round the bike suddenly dissapeared from underneath me and I performed a very ungraceful fall. Luckily no cars behind.

I have a theory that it hasn't really rained for weeks and all that oily grime and diesel hasn't been washed away. Does it still stay there after the snow? So todays damp conditions may have been all it needed. On the other hand it could be that I'm losing my cycling skills after a month off!

I certainly noticed the roads looked a bit greasier than usual.

Top Bottom