1st Ever Sprint Win

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mapster1989

...although it was only a sprint for a sign on the club training ride.

I'm chuffed to bits. The sprint is on a very slight downhill on a straight road which is around 1km in length and is always highly contested every week.

Came round the final bend at around 5th or 6th wheel, pulled out and gassed it all the way down. I looked back expecting to see someone on my wheel. No one. I could feel my speed slowing and my HR was pushing 190bpm. I looked back again. The pack was catching.

I dug deep with about 200m to go and managed to take the sprint... just, before the oncoming rush of the group behind rushed past. Well and truly chuffed to bits especially with around half a dozen of Cat 1 and 2's on the ride.

I suppose I only won due to the element of surprise and just goes to show you don't have to be the fastest to take a win!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Win's a win mate :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done. I was usually the lead out donkey on our club runs. Typical tester (time triallist), and had bugger all sprint.

Can sprint better now though.

Up north it was pretty easy to win sprints as people sprinted for everything (especially 30mph sign) but it seems down here that the club only does occasionally for some village gateway signs and when we do sprint I often find myself doing the Mark Renshaw (without the headbutt) :rolleyes:

Top Bottom