1st time Mountain Biking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
Had my first proper mountain bike experience today, and i have to say YOU GUYS ARE MENTAL, heart was in my mouth allday, crazy descents in nothing more than a rut, every element of the landscape wanted to kill me. I have never had so much fun falling off a bike in my life

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Did you have a go at the Cathin Braes then?
I only cycled up the gravelly track from Castlemilk to the windmill, it was a shaking experience :laugh:

ChrisEyles

Guru
Haha, yep, that sounds about right! Glad you had a good time :smile:

First time I went mountain biking I had an absolute blast. Unfortunately I fell off quite spectacularly (still recovering from a knee injury nine months on!) but it was still so much fun the first thing I did while I had my leg up on the coffee table was to get on ebay and gumtree and look for a 2nd hand MTB ;)

Jimidh

Veteran
MTB is great but after a few bad falls where luckily Ibounced I am now too hesitant now on some of the more 'thrilling descents' but still love off road riding.

I think it's great winter training as some of the technical ascents are pretty hard work especially if you go for it and try to get up them quickly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had some worse stuff road riding. MTB if going down hill, do it within your skills, so if you haven't jumped before, don't.

Cumisky

I'm just getting back into mountain bikes, used to ride a lot and occasioanlly race in the 90s, and got used to the occasional broken collar bone or shoulder.
Stacked badly in 97 though where a fence post passed through my stomach, miles from anywhere with only my 12 year old son for company, I had to push myself off then drive to casualty holding my intestine in.
Been a wimp ever since though am now back doing the easier local routes.

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
Haha, yep, that sounds about right! Glad you had a good time :smile:

First time I went mountain biking I had an absolute blast. Unfortunately I fell off quite spectacularly (still recovering from a knee injury nine months on!) but it was still so much fun the first thing I did while I had my leg up on the coffee table was to get on ebay and gumtree and look for a 2nd hand MTB ;)
Funny coz the second thing i done after cuddling my roadie was hit he interweb pricing Mountain Bikes

jnrmczip

Falling was so much fun though I have to admit it was an awsome day out and will try again. Can only get better at it haha. Maybe start off somewhere easier this time though

Motozulu

Über Member
MTB is 80% confidence 20% skill (in my humble opinion) if you go for it and stay loose and are in the right position on the bike- chances are you will do it.

I can't compare to road biking as I've never done it.

Top Bottom