2.3 miles of stationary traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

It was probably worse this morning! :ohmy: The traffic hardly seemed to move! I suppose the weather (very wet) made things worse. I came across two motorbikes also trying to filter. However, due to their width, I was able t scalp them both, by jinking around the other side of the very stationary traffic! :becool:

In all seriousness though, I wish there was some way I could convey a message to these drivers, most of which I probably pass every day, along the lines of, 'Held up again by traffic? Get on yer bike!'. Strapping it to my back wouldn't work, as they wouldn't have time to read it. If only I had the money for a billboard. There is one along there (on part 2 video at 4:41. i wonder how much they cost....?:smile:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I had a nice one yesterday. Nowhere near as good as yours, but there was about a mile with solid traffic. Dual carriageway so I went straight down the middle. Plenty of room too; it was a bit like flying an X-wing down the trench of the Death Star, probably.

Asprilla

I regularly find a 1.5 mile jam from Hampton Wick to Hampton Court on the A308. Fortunately there is a perm cycle track tunning almost the full distance, so you can still maintain a good 25mph if you want to!

It brings a smug smile to my face.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ah yes that would be the perfect occasion. That reminds me, I should be getting a response soon from the procurator fiscal regarding such an incident soon....(I have chased them up).

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Benb, its your fault! I was humming the Star Wars tune all the way along there this morning! :biggrin:

We're picking up a new group of signals
Enemy drivers, heading your way

I don't know if I beleive it but apparently Edinburgh is the second most congested city in UK (after London) and Glasgow's only 5th. Looking on the web I found Europe's most congested cities: Edinburgh is 5th :ohmy: just ahead (or behind) of Dublin, Glasgow's not even in the top 20. That doesn't agree with my experience. Edinburgh must be regularly jammed on the outskirts :ohmy:

Edit the UK report :ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Friday rush hour - we had the typical snarl the area up issue.............

Two car bump on the M60 in Stockport.......... and another bump in the traffic queue.............

Nightmare traffic from leaving work, 3 miles from the accident....even mentioned this to another cyclist...... pass motorway a few minutes later and it's locked up.............. same on all roads near it.............. me, I got home at the same time as usual.

Top Bottom