2.3 miles of stationary traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
The Mile End Road would have given you a run for your money today Mags, gridlocked around Stratford, and stopped tail to tail/very slow almost the whole way in

A lot of bikes going up on the pavement, chopping lanes, all rather lively

jimboalee

Clear run for me this morning. Put my fingers on the brake handles approaching the traffic lights at Jury Street in Warwick but the lights changed and I rode through.
I had to use the brakes to slow at the bike shed when I got to work.

I saw an Argos bag with a card box in it on the grass verge beside the Banbury Road. I was tempted to stop to pick up a freebie, but had second thoughts because it might have been a suicide kettle.

Stingy

I've just bought a Muvi fake purely to record moments like this.

Regulary get massive ques around Manchester, but I'd only imagine something like that happening when there is roadworks or an incident of some kind.

So if it's 612 cars, nearly all of them will have just the one occupant. So lets say 650 ish people are causing all that.......pathetic really isnt it.

Love the music.

Norm

Regulary get massive ques around Manchester
Massive whats? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Well done Jonny for counting! Is there any error in that or is it a spot on count. Also did you include cars on the side roads, and cars that turned off? :wacko::smile:

Aye, only one other cyclist. It is a chap that I have met a few times. Turns out he works in another hospital in a radiology dept (as do I!). Nice Van Nic bike as well, not sure if it is Ti or not....

The music was one of the youtube choices, and seemed appropriate, i.e. nice calm music which fairly accurately depicted my state of mind during the filtering, against the backdrop of driver frustration! Ideally I need a piece that would have a strong gentle melody with dark undertones grumbling away in the background. If anyone wants to write such a piece for it....:biggrin:

So the challange is on, film your tailbacks. 612 to beat! :becool:

Brilliant :-) I had a similar thing today. Traffic queueing past the end of my street, bus and cycle lane begins just after my street heading in the right direction. Roadworks next to my place of work. Walked the kids to school and tanked it past everyone. Whenhen I got to work cars were hunting around the campus looking for non-existant parking spaces.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Well done Jonny for counting! Is there any error in that or is it a spot on count. Also did you include cars on the side roads, and cars that turned off? :wacko::smile:

Aye, only one other cyclist. It is a chap that I have met a few times. Turns out he works in another hospital in a radiology dept (as do I!). Nice Van Nic bike as well, not sure if it is Ti or not....

The music was one of the youtube choices, and seemed appropriate, i.e. nice calm music which fairly accurately depicted my state of mind during the filtering, against the backdrop of driver frustration! Ideally I need a piece that would have a strong gentle melody with dark undertones grumbling away in the background. If anyone wants to write such a piece for it....:biggrin:

So the challange is on, film your tailbacks. 612 to beat! :becool:

only counted cars that you actually passed (and deducted one or two towards the end that then overtook you...only to have to re-count them when they joined the jam and you scalped them again....it was a quiet day in the office!

side roads dont count

also, I may be wrong (I was concentrating too much) but did the film skip some frames towards the end, may have lost a few valuable counts there!!

Top Bottom