2 buys this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Been a bit of a busy week on the buying front, even for my standards :blush:

Saw this Puch advertised locally today for very little, very tidy condition & all works as it should. Hopefully ideal for my dad to potter around on
451249-ae43639150fe4457a5d04f9a1cc3312e.jpg

Got away from work early the other night, so popped down to Nottingham to look at a bike I'd seen advertised for a small fee, so bought that too & got home for my normal expected time, so Mrs SD still doesn't know I've aquired another :laugh:
It's nothing too special, it's from a 'local' manufacturer, Elswick Hopper, liked the look of it & rides ok, apart from the front mech, but very tidy for the age, apart from 1 rear stay :sad:. Unsure of my plans for it yet, but will be used for commuting, pub bike etc
451250-c4ada8af1df15c01a614b00868f6d090.jpg

451251-2f306d291a06e4662b43775c5f984368.jpg
451252-e4410ed4d2b50c9dda36c567aeb0c214.jpg
451253-4bddc177f0bb57222e75304e445c6c5b.jpg

& due to an incident with my LBS I've ordered a new frame for my turbo specific bike :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How do you get this past the 'boss'.

It was hard work with 'the stealth bike' - AKA a rather large Boardman FS Pro after I broke my spine.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
How do you get this past the 'boss'.

Sneaked off work early, so after a run down to Nottingham I was home for the normal time, put the car away in the garage with the bike inside & waited till she was out in the morning before unloading it ^_^ When she does finally see it,"I've had it for ages love" :laugh: It's currently hung at the back of the garage, so not too visible :okay:

fossyant

Sneaked off work early, so after a run down to Nottingham I was home for the normal time, put the car away in the garage with the bike inside & waited till she was out in the morning before unloading it ^_^ When she does finally see it,"I've had it for ages love" :laugh: It's currently hung at the back of the garage, so not too visible :okay:

I've never done this (I have). :laugh:

fossyant

Easier to do with wheels.

Wife counted bikes up last year and realised there was 'one' more than she knew about when she was in the 'garage' with my niece getting toys out for her kids.

She's now learnt, and spotted my 'Ice Spikers' hung up next to the Snow studs (tyres) - 27.5 vs 26".. busted

She has also seen the Maxxis Minion's that are in my car boot. Picked up two, with discounts and Tesco vouchers for £45, the normal price is about £100-£120 a set - You can't hide folding MTB tyres no matter what you do.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Yebbut, these wives do exactly the same to us. With shoes and handbags.:laugh:

At least you can say that it's not a New bike when she asks you ! :whistle:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I generally don't, but my bikes are quite inexpensive, and usually something that doesn't excite or worry her about cost.
I always have to recall that my wife's job involves accountancy, so nothing is going to get by her.
Bike co-op purchases can be made with hours worked in my case.

Top Bottom