2 down 1824 to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmm, haven't met anyone since CC started. :sad:
I used to be quite a whore for 'collecting' people. Heh, I even married one of them (oooh, the very first time we met was on the C+ Shirt Relay almost 4 years ago). Would quite like to bag a few more, but we live in the bum end of nowhere. Anyone from here doing the Exodus this year, 'cos Baggy and I are either going to be riding it or manning the Squeaky Lobster Cafe somewhere along the route. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few more there.

Yednodd, believe it or not you've always been one of the people I'd most like to meet. Just to see if the virtual matches the visual, so to speak. :eek:

yenrod

Chuffy said:
Hmmm, haven't met anyone since CC started. :sad:
I used to be quite a whore for 'collecting' people. Heh, I even married one of them (oooh, the very first time we met was on the C+ Shirt Relay almost 4 years ago). Would quite like to bag a few more, but we live in the bum end of nowhere. Anyone from here doing the Exodus this year, 'cos Baggy and I are either going to be riding it or manning the Squeaky Lobster Cafe somewhere along the route. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few more there.

Yednodd, believe it or not you've always been one of the people I'd most like to meet. Just to see if the virtual matches the visual, so to speak. :eek:

Its very much different Chuff.

To rake some 'etheral' memories ie C+ forum days - you where a posty at one point ???

simonali

Guru
Chuffy said:
Anyone from here doing the Exodus this year, 'cos Baggy and I are either going to be riding it or manning the Squeaky Lobster Cafe somewhere along the route. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few more there.

How far along is this cafe? I'm gonna try and get along for this ride, but I think I'll probably bail at some point. The chance of meeting yous 2 might give me something to aim for, if it's not too far down the road! :eek:

Mortiroloboy

I've met yoyo, and, I Sold my Allez to someone who used to post on C+ sadly his name eludes me at the moment, Dave I think :eek: From Langley Slough.

Chuffy, whereabouts is that tattoo on your avatar? It looks like a bum cheek to me.:sad:

Mortiroloboy

yenrod said:
Well, DAvs - yuh know :eek:, If Im ever in Oslo then....

No seriously, at least if anybody DID meet me / i met anyone they'd realise that an Internet forum is exactly that and only a snippet of life.

I wouldnt dream of contacting anyone out of respect mainly - why would they wanna spend time with me :tired:

If I may say, Im quite a nice person really, can get on with most people if not everybody...like a good conversation, bit of a laugh etc...like im sure everyone is here - just remember im a lot younger than most on here as all you lot are 50+ whereas im early 30's ! :sad:

So obviously theirs going to be a culture difference.

That sir, is an ageist remark, and I suggest you retract it at once otherwise, I challenge you to frame pumps at dawn, you bounder!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Aint Skeered said:
Met 2 CC's yesterday at a road race, aperitif & gezza. so averaging 2 a week, I will get to meet you all in 912 weeks (note to self, to look the date up)
Anyway it was nice meeting you both, and putting faces to names.
How did you know you met them.... I mean were you all wearing CC Jerseys or did you arrange to meet up at the race?

I've met Mickle when he helped sort out my gears on my bike - I wouldn't say I that I took in everything he said (I'm not mechanically minded) but I would say I took a step up the mechanical ladder, and have since fiddled with both my brakes and gears myself.

And I'm hoping to meet up with a couple more in the process of the Jersey relay. Not sure how you know its the right cyclist/cyclists to approach though.

striker

TheDoctor said:
Well, that's my endorphin fix for the evening.:biggrin:
After I did one of the local big hills on the middle ring earlier as well...:blush:

Which big hills are those then? I'm training for the Northern Cyclon and want to get in practice with some hills, but I'm failing to find any that are half decent.

Any advice in the Hertfordshire area would be appreciated

simonali said:
How far along is this cafe? I'm gonna try and get along for this ride, but I think I'll probably bail at some point. The chance of meeting yous 2 might give me something to aim for, if it's not too far down the road! :blush:
There is definitely going to be a stop at the half way mark (we're aiming to book a village hall, check website for details etc) and there may well be stops at the 25 and 75 mile points. Those are the stops that we might be crewing, depending on whether we can scrounge a van and enough camping kit to brew tea the steaming masses. If you're not up for the ride then you could always crew at one of the stops, I'm sure organiser Dave would be very grateful. It would be most excellent to meet you though. :biggrin:

Mortiroloboy - I have more respect for the :evil: than to put it in on my bum! It's on my right arm.

Mortiroloboy

Chuffy said:
There is definitely going to be a stop at the half way mark (we're aiming to book a village hall, check website for details etc) and there may well be stops at the 25 and 75 mile points. Those are the stops that we might be crewing, depending on whether we can scrounge a van and enough camping kit to brew tea the steaming masses. If you're not up for the ride then you could always crew at one of the stops, I'm sure organiser Dave would be very grateful. It would be most excellent to meet you though. :blush:

Mortiroloboy - I have more respect for the :evil: than to put it in on my bum! It's on my right arm.

OOops a case of ar$e elbow, elbow ar$e :biggrin:

summerdays said:
How did you know you met them.... I mean were you all wearing CC Jerseys or did you arrange to meet up at the race?

I've met Mickle when he helped sort out my gears on my bike - I wouldn't say I that I took in everything he said (I'm not mechanically minded) but I would say I took a step up the mechanical ladder, and have since fiddled with both my brakes and gears myself.

And I'm hoping to meet up with a couple more in the process of the Jersey relay. Not sure how you know its the right cyclist/cyclists to approach though.

We were casting BIG shadows... :blush:

Top Bottom