2 down 1824 to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered

summerdays said:
How did you know you met them.... I mean were you all wearing CC Jerseys or did you arrange to meet up at the race?

I've met Mickle when he helped sort out my gears on my bike - I wouldn't say I that I took in everything he said (I'm not mechanically minded) but I would say I took a step up the mechanical ladder, and have since fiddled with both my brakes and gears myself.

And I'm hoping to meet up with a couple more in the process of the Jersey relay. Not sure how you know its the right cyclist/cyclists to approach though.
I began correspondence with gezza after slagging him off for missing a jolly to Euro Disney in favour of training for the Etape!
Anyway we arranged to meet at the race last saturday, and Aperitif was there as well.
Walker was also there, but racing at the time, so I didn't get to meet him as my race was immediatly after his

Aint Skeered said:
I began correspondence with gezza after slagging him off for missing a jolly to Euro Disney in favour of training for the Etape!
Anyway we arranged to meet at the race last saturday, and Aperitif was there as well.
Walker was also there, but racing at the time, so I didn't get to meet him as my race was immediatly after his
...and I had my 'friendly' jersey on... :wacko:

Chris James

Über Member
striker said:
Which big hills are those then? I'm training for the Northern Cyclon and want to get in practice with some hills, but I'm failing to find any that are half decent.

I am also 'training' for the Northern rock Cyclone - if training includes going to bed at 9.30, changing nappies and abandoning the wife with a baby and a toddler for a couple of hours here and there. Admittedly I am only down for the 62 miler but I am not anticiipating a hilly course.

My inlaws live in Ponteland and I woudl say Northumberland is rolling rather than big hills - at least I hope so. Mind you, Huddersfield is pretty hilly - I struggle to find anywhere flat to get speed up.

I'll be wearing my CC shirt so if you see my collapsed in a ditch somewhere with exhaustion then give me a hand.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I've only met one forummer (Frustruck) when I did a taster session at Manc Velodrome. We had a grand time whizzing* round the track for the best part of an hour, and a little chat afterwards before I had to set off home to help with the kids bathtime.

Would like to meet more, it's always interesting to see if they fit the image you have in your brain as well as the voice you have them speaking with (the voices in my head, the voices...).

* compared with some not-so-whizzy things

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I met Graham56 when he kindly offered to look at my gas meter*... that means he met me, too, thus doubling the number of meets on that day.;)

* (no, not just to come and stare at it! :angry:)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have met gezza recently and in a former life on C+ I met baggy and a couple of others outside Euston station one lunchtime, which included simon? and another young lady from up north who's name escapes me. I have tried to arrange some rides to meet some local forummers but with little success.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Paulus said:
I have met gezza recently and in a former life on C+ I met baggy and a couple of others outside Euston station one lunchtime, which included simon? and another young lady from up north who's name escapes me. I have tried to arrange some rides to meet some local forummers but with little success.

I'm still hoping to meet up with you to pass on the CC jersey, if I ever get it.
I might have to get the Northern one posted down to me. I *need* a CC relay jersey to take up Ventoux...

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Paulus said:
I have met gezza recently and in a former life on C+ I met baggy and a couple of others outside Euston station one lunchtime, which included simon? and another young lady from up north who's name escapes me.
I can't remember which simon it was - but the young lady was Elleigh (hello Elleigh!).

Top Bottom