Now sold... Price Drop.2 Giant bikes for sale (mine since new)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Now Sold.
PRICE DROP.
my LBS has made an offer. If I accept I am obliged to buy what he has to offer. So.. ..... re the Giant Defy. £525 will give you a real bargain. Anyone who wants it will have to move asap as I have a decision to make.

I have decided to sell both my bikes and get one hybrid. I suffer from arthritis in my neck and need more comfort.
Both are size small. I am a shade under 5' 7" with 29" inside leg. They are right for me.
As above I have owned them since new and the servicing has always been by Spencers of Warrington.
1. Giant Defy Advance 2 Carbon. All 105. Cost when new was approx £1850.

2. Giant Talon 1 hardtail. This is top of that range. It was, I think, £900.
I had semi slicks fitted so you get 2 sets of tyres.

Neither bike has ever been out in the rain (i am a fair weather cyclist)
Mileage. I can get this from my diary but will be less than 5000 COMBINED (I dont keep seperate mileage).
I am trying to be realistic with the price so am open to any advice here but these are lovely bikes that have been well looked after.
1. The Defy Carbon. I think £650 is a good price.
2. The Talon 1. I will ask £350.
Both are collect only but if you are interested the journey will be worth it.
TBH my LBS will take them in px but I haven't discussed a price.
If there is genuine interest I will post photos

Last edited:
Wow, wish I was close to you, you have good taste in bikes,
someone will be very happy.

denbydave

Hi Dave thanks for the photo, unfortunately I'm looking for a disc brake version,I should have asked earlier, anyway good luck with the sale regards dave

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi Dave thanks for the photo, unfortunately I'm looking for a disc brake version,I should have asked earlier, anyway good luck with the sale regards dave
If happy to go new, Ashcycles and Paul's Cycles (online and in store) often have good reductions on older model Defys

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am about to agree a px for the carbon Defy on a new bike.
Any sensible offers for this really nice bike?

Top Bottom