2 questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Rule 41

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Your supposed to face them forward if you want to be technical so if another riders wheel clips them they dont open or get stuck in their spokes
That's an old myth.

If you get close enough to another bike to get your spokes caught in their QR lever you've already started to crash. Between the stays and alongside the forks is just today's fashion, look at pictures of pros from the seventies and before and they are mostly facing rearwards.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I did my bar tape this afternoon, it wasn't too bad and I followed one of the you tube vids. I chose some cheapie lifeline essential tape (but with very good reviews) so if I cocked it up I hadn't lost a lot. Actually it was quite easy and it's probably something I'll change fairly regular now. My QR's are facing backwards as they are more aero and it makes me loads faster:whistle:

snorri

Legendary Member
If you really want to up your performance get lighter QR skewers too, you can get ones with holes drilled in the lever which save a few nanograms - this will make going uphill a doddle!
Great, thanks, but what I really need is a magnum pack of rejuvenating pills:sad:.

Top Bottom