2 questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Swift

Evening all

What positions are the leavers for quick release meant to be? Does it matter any how or not?

And

How easy is it to replace bar tape?

As always appreciate your help.

jack smith

Veteran
Search gcn bartape on youtube its a great video to get it on easily :smile: as for qr's always non drive side

MikeW-71

Veteran
Whatever position allows you to open them again :smile: I've taken to pointing mine backwards.

Bar tape is technically easy, but I've done it twice so far and I still get properly frustrated getting the bit around the hoods done right

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Evening all

What positions are the leavers for quick release meant to be? Does it matter any how or not?

And

How easy is it to replace bar tape?

As always appreciate your help.

I always put qr levers on non drive side with the lever flange facing backwards, I.e. You push towards the back if the bike to shut it. Think it's a hangover from my mtb days.

Bar tape, watch some YouTube vids and give it a go, it's not permanent, so if it looks sh1te you can just do it again.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
QRs point towards the middle of the bike so it's least likely to stab someone if the bike goes flying! Always drive side IMO, to keep most of the pointy bits on one side. Very unlikely to matter, though.

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

Thanks guys will look at the videos.

Hoping to get sorted n get out on the bike this week. Just cleaned bike and road 2miles felt good.

jack smith

Veteran
I always put qr levers on non drive side with the lever flange facing backwards, I.e. You push towards the back if the bike to shut it. Think it's a hangover from my mtb days.

Bar tape, watch some YouTube vids and give it a go, it's not permanent, so if it looks sh1te you can just do it again.
Your supposed to face them forward if you want to be technical so if another riders wheel clips them they dont open or get stuck in their spokes

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Your supposed to face them forward if you want to be technical so if another riders wheel clips them they dont open or get stuck in their spokes

Swings and roundabouts, I just can't get them right :wacko:

When I used to ride mtb, 'they' said to face them backwards in case you clip shrubbery, roots etc... To stop them opening.

Now I've got to worry about other riders too :ohmy:

I'm gonna hedge my bets and have one facing front and one back. :laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
On my MTB's, I face the levers towards the back so when I go flying through the undergrowth, my wheels aren't ripped off.

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

i dont want to sound stupid but when u mean drive side which side is that?

If im sat on my bike mine are on my left leg side.

They was both in upright position against forks i have moved them to point backwards.

Top Bottom