2 SMIDSY's in one day :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

First one was going to work this morning. More of a "Didnt bother looking properly" as the woman pulled to the junction and while looking at me continued to pull out. I shouted an "oi" and she mouthed "sorry". Was very close and shook me up.

Thinking Id had my quota for the day I was riding along this evening, and an oncoming car was waiting to turn to his right (my left). He had seen me, and I was in primary to prevent an overtake from the car behind at this junction. The car behind attempted an overtake and aborted and just as I passed the white dotted lines of the junction the vehicle that was waiting turned across infront of me. I literally had no where to go and ended up skidding for a few ft, hoping that the car behind that had just aborted the overtake was at a decent distance behind. I thought the mornings incident was bad but this one really was close.

Unfortunatly the second incident wasnt caught on helmet cam (forgot to push the button I think) but I have my skidding and swearing on rear cam and it shows just how close I was to the entrance of junction. Really shook me up and for a second I questioned if its worth it :wacko: Quickly came to my senses though!:biggrin:

Incident 1:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWMIhdXzVk

NigC

Glad they turned out to be misses rather than anything bad :wacko:

Good ol' Sod's Law..... It reminds me of the many times I've walked to work in or just after the rain - with plenty of puddles on the roads. I've only ever been splashed by passing vehicles 3 times..... all on the same day! Not only was I soaked, but also caked in road muck too - a great way to start the day, not :biggrin:

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

NigC said:
Glad they turned out to be misses rather than anything bad :wacko:

Good ol' Sod's Law..... It reminds me of the many times I've walked to work in or just after the rain - with plenty of puddles on the roads. I've only ever been splashed by passing vehicles 3 times..... all on the same day! Not only was I soaked, but also caked in road muck too - a great way to start the day, not :biggrin:

Aye, the first one was truely a case of Sods law. On my way to and from work Im overtaken by on average 5 cars.
Opertunity (sp) to get two Die Hard quotes...
"Grant: You're the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time."
"McClane: How can the same s**t happen to the same guy twice?"

Tynan

Veteran
it's been a lively week, I've howled abuse at three drivers for presenting their half of an accident and slapped the side of a car that wanted to join me in the cycle lane

and had another rider slide into a slot alongside that simply wasn't there, he was so bloody close, and seemingly unaware that I elbowed him in the ribs without shifting my position in the drops at all

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Tynan said:
it's been a lively week, I've howled abuse at three drivers for presenting their half of an accident and slapped the side of a car that wanted to join me in the cycle lane

and had another rider slide into a slot alongside that simply wasn't there, he was so bloody close, and seemingly unaware that I elbowed him in the ribs without shifting my position in the drops at all

Must be a fool / full moon. Putting some pleasant vids on to keep the balance :biggrin:

Number14

Veteran
I had a SMIDSY BICTIYACOA (Sorry mate I did see you but I chose to ignore you and carry on anyway) yesterday with a First bus in Portsmouth.

Will be ringing customer services first thing in the morning.

Top Bottom