20 MPH Limits - what's your thoughts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is actually permanently deleted!.
A search only also found this. It would gave been donated content. So I imagine it upset core readers.
https://news.knowledia.com/GB/en/ar...bike-ba34257371962a80a5446e97711d7d586e34f042

Makes sense - good on her for doing it - especially in the rain and stuff
but you know what they say
"There is no such thing as bad weather - just the wrong clothes"
or something like that

Boopop

Guru
I bet 99% of these roads where it supposedly doesn't work are stroads. Almost as if trying to build somewhere which prioritises both commuter traffic and somewhere to live is a bad idea. I'm really disappointed that Labour are backing down on this.

I have not seen the details in terms of specific roads and the like

But it doesn;t seem to me to be unreasonable to have implemented a wide ranging programme of speed changes like this and then give it a while and review each area and see if it needs some tweaking in terms of "whoops that one maybe needs to go back" AND "Hmmm - maybe this one could be included"

Of course - a "review" is also a good name for backing down due to political pressure from people who are INCENSED - INCENSED I TELL YOU - because they were passed by a bike 4 weeks ago.

albion

Guru
'Will Norman, London’s Walking and Cycling Commissioner, said: “Making London’s streets safer for people walking and cycling is one of TfL’s top priorities, and 20mph speed limits significantly reduce road danger.'

Why should residents and pedestrians suffer in order to keep the Drivers Alliance people happy?
Fascinatingly, the very same people who recently voted to keep selling ciggies to younger people are against low speed limits and Brexit.
Yet here, the pollutants from both impacts on everyone's freedom. As does the other.

Last edited:
Why should residents and pedestrians suffer in order to keep the Drivers Alliance people happy.

Because they have more political clout and the Daily Fail gets better headlines from them????

Top Bottom