20" tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starhawk

Hehe - that poor Robin was "doctored" for theatrical purposes or he would have had a much harder time destabilising it.
Well I think that all that is needed is a delta configuration and a leadfooted petrolhead, no doctoring of the car needed, the Reliant club members he talked with admitted that you had to be careful with especially left turns, a weight in the left seat could make it more stable when driving single. The only doctoring done to the car was probably those outrigger wheels he added later. Reliant has a problem with the fact that the front wheel is right under the engine a more forward position would reduce the problem.

Andrew1971

Veteran
I am now using big apple's on my KMX. A lot better than the one's it came with it look's more sporty now:smile:
Andrew

12250 miles on 47-406 M+ two left front punctures, hawthorn and flint.
Blue lining just showing on right front, lots left on the rear.
No experience of other tyres yet, apart from a few hundred on a rear Marathon Winter, so I can't compare them to anything.
From my experience, if one wheel front tyre wears more than the other front then your tracking is out.
I also tend to wear the back tyre more than the fronts. That's the reason I run a Big Apple on the back as there is more rubber to wear down before you get down to canvas.
But a lot of my wear on the back tyre is due to wheel spin on wet uphill roads.

jayjay

Veteran
Well I think that all that is needed is a delta configuration and a leadfooted petrolhead, no doctoring of the car needed, the Reliant club members he talked with admitted that you had to be careful with especially left turns, a weight in the left seat could make it more stable when driving single. The only doctoring done to the car was probably those outrigger wheels he added later. Reliant has a problem with the fact that the front wheel is right under the engine a more forward position would reduce the problem.
Hi Starhawk.
Of course yeah having a smaller footprint puts a different limit on cornering, but my Rialto has quite respectable behaviour on roundabouts (with a higher cornering power right than left.) The Robin was tweaked to make it easier to roll for the staged antics, otherwise it would have to have been driven harder and the rollovers more risky and less comical. Some of my friends were there. All Reliant tricycles have the front wheel in front of the engine. You thinking of the Bond Minicars, maybe?

Binka

Über Member
Does anyone know if Big Apple tyres would work on an Ice Sprint with mudguards fitted? There doesn't seem to be a lot of clearance with my current tyres and I read that the Big Apples have a deeper profile?

starhawk

Hi Starhawk.
Of course yeah having a smaller footprint puts a different limit on cornering, but my Rialto has quite respectable behaviour on roundabouts (with a higher cornering power right than left.) The Robin was tweaked to make it easier to roll for the staged antics, otherwise it would have to have been driven harder and the rollovers more risky and less comical. Some of my friends were there. All Reliant tricycles have the front wheel in front of the engine. You thinking of the Bond Minicars, maybe?
How was it tweaked? Hard to see what you could do except rebuilding it. Ok the wheel is not right under the engine but close to

AlanT82

Does anyone know if Big Apple tyres would work on an Ice Sprint with mudguards fitted? There doesn't seem to be a lot of clearance with my current tyres and I read that the Big Apples have a deeper profile?
There is not much clearance but they will fit - they certainly fitted on mine though I'm now using Tioga Powerband S-Spec tyres on the front of my Sprint 26.

jayjay

Veteran
How was it tweaked? Hard to see what you could do except rebuilding it. Ok the wheel is not right under the engine but close to
Odd wheels and weights - sorry an earlier reply attempt disappeared into the ether somewhere!

Top Bottom