2008 Tour de France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Makes you yearn for summer already!

4 mountain top finishes should sort the men from the boys ( or the juiced from the clean:o)

Mortiroloboy

rich p said:
As a pro sport maybe but us amateurs will keep the flame burning!

Do you think that any of the governing bodies are going to sit back and see that happen? Watch, from now on there will be sooooo many tests carried out on riders that there will be no place to hide for the doping cheats who taint our sport.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't believe the sport would die but another TdF of scandal would be catastrophic and sponsors would be hard to find. I hope you're right but I fear there'll be more cheating in the years to come.

girofan

:biggrin: Mortiroloboy said a mouthfull! Too much money is at stake for the organisers of the big three tours to let them be sullied by another scandal in 2008.
Plus the UCI needs to be seen by the world at large as being the sports controller. At the moment their position is under close scrutiny.:evil:

mondobongo

Über Member
ASO have set their stall out for a race in next years TDF, no Prologue instead a 195km stage, no time bonuses and some pretty awe inspiring mountain stages including Alp de Huez a crowd pleaser. Time for some of the next generation to shine.

They look to be doing everything in their power to restore some glory to the race. They will choose who gets to race, riders have to have a Blood Passport prior to the start. Yes we may have a positive dope test but nothing on the scale of previous years.

Guess who wont be coming?

romeo

is that because they wont be doping or they wont be getting caught?
I think with men like Bruyneel and lefevre at the helm of teams Im not entirely sure they can get the same success they have been used to in the past without resorting to the methods they used in the past. Im not sure if people entrenched in the old school can really change.

Frazer

Why have they dropped the Team Time Trial again this year?! That used to be my favourite stage...although maybe thats because i was a disco fan and loved watching the train decimate the field

zimzum42

Legendary Member
mondobongo said:
ASO have set their stall out for a race in next years TDF, no Prologue instead a 195km stage, no time bonuses and some pretty awe inspiring mountain stages including Alp de Huez a crowd pleaser. Time for some of the next generation to shine.

They look to be doing everything in their power to restore some glory to the race. They will choose who gets to race, riders have to have a Blood Passport prior to the start. Yes we may have a positive dope test but nothing on the scale of previous years.

Guess who wont be coming?

Shame about the prologue, I like it.

I've tried guessing, but who is it who won't be coming?

papercorn2000

Yeah, what's the reasoning behind dropping the prologue? The only time I remember them doing that was in 1988, and then they had a TTT "prelude" which still ended with an individual from each team doing the last km or so solo to determine the MJ.

Top Bottom