2009 June/July JoGLE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IJCymru

I am also planning a JOGLE trip for julyish but I think 100 miles a day is too much for me at the moment. I plan to do between 50-70 miles a day and just enjoy the ride as I am off to Uni weeks after I plan to finish. I am also planning to camp for my trip and will be my first major trip so I am really looking foreword to it :biggrin:.

Planning wise it is hard to know where to start, I have a route but does anyone know of any good sites, books, etc which can help me with this.

Isaac

Skittles

jogle

sparkyman said:
I am Planning on riding Jogle this year most likely June/July..

Anyone else thinking of doing the same and in the northwest (lancashire area)?

Sparkyman
Hi
I am doing the jogle fromjune1st - june 9th this year all planned ready to go

Skittles

Doing the jogle in june all planned and ready to go .Youth hostels and b+bs' for us,not being the outdoor type! Will be first time for anything lke this so all hints and tips gratefully received.

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Jogle is off fro me :biggrin: misses put her foot down only allowing 7 days away. so i am going to do Wick or Inverness to JOG back to Blackpool in sted, still a nice run and i get to do the Scotland half which was more inportant to me any way (never been there).

Good luck all you guys who are doing the full run..

Sparkyman

bennyboy

Go Solo

Hey

I would do it solo if you want to do that sort of distance per day. A very good way to get to know yourself very well! I've just done it in 5 1/2 days solo/unsupported. Best experience of my life! The folks I met on the road were talking about the difficulties of people wanting to stop at different points. Fitness levels are not that difficult to get to but its more about joints and tendons from the issues I had.
I stayed with friends for 3 nights and then B&B/travellodge etc for last two nights. I had intended to bivi bag from the Lakes upward but decided that I needed to have a good hot soak in the bath every night to keep my body from falling apart!

bob r

Hi i am doing LEJOG on the 13.06.09 on my own hopfully in about 11 days staying in b+b on the way cant wait to do it now.
Can i get a card from lands end to get stamped on the way ?

wyno70

I leave on Sunday doing a JOGLE, unsupported down the west coast of scotland. Plan is to rough camp the whole time in Scotland and just see what i come across when I'm in England. I plan to do it in 10 days, all being well. I'll let you know how I get on if I'm back in time.

Top Bottom