2009 Sportives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ravenz

The Cheshire CAT . . . will I be grinning at the end.....? I hope so!
Easing up on the training until after Christmas.. doing Spinning sessions plus my usual 1/2 arsed weight training... pick up the more serious road work prob Feb onwards... at least I can easily practise the hills from the s**hole where I currently live ;-)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Ravenz said:
The Cheshire CAT . . . will I be grinning at the end.....? I hope so!
Easing up on the training until after Christmas.. doing Spinning sessions plus my usual 1/2 arsed weight training... pick up the more serious road work prob Feb onwards... at least I can easily practise the hills from the s**hole where I currently live ;-)

me too possibly. hopefully with some clubmates, or a cycle chat group.

Leadlegs

I've got my eye on a few on the list and anticipate kicking things off with the Richmond Cyclosportives, but a lot could happen between then and now.

Jonathan M

I'm a newbie to sportives, but so far I've signed up for:

The Cumbria Christmas Cracker in December
The Cheshire Cat
The Dave Lloyd midi-challenge

Eek!

Training for the Christmas Cracker at the moment, then a bit of a rest before going at things again for the Chesire Cat.

RedBike

Errrm, I think I had better sign up for a few before they all sell out.

Espeshially the Cheshire Cat.
I've heard they're going up through Macc forest as well as Mow cop. That should be intresting with 80ish miles in my legs!

Now where did I put that Triple?

Ravenz

RedBike said:
Errrm, I think I had better sign up for a few before they all sell out.

Espeshially the Cheshire Cat.
I've heard they're going up through Macc forest as well as Mow cop. That should be intresting with 80ish miles in my legs!

Now where did I put that Triple?

.. you won't need the triple for the Mow.... :evil:...
I lie .. hehe
.. mind you I can stay on the '39' coming the slight easier south route.. but I truly FEAR the consequences if I didnt use me 'granny' getting past the pub on the route the CAT will use.

Ravenz

RedBike said:
Our club run went up past the pub last week. I made it up on 39/25 'somehow'; but it certainly wasn't pleasent.

:biggrin:
.. I shall endeavour to be more adventurous with my gearing choice - honest injun!

gavintc

Guru
I need to find a good European Sportive to do. I did the Tour of Flanders and then a small local one when I was on holiday in southern France. I have already entered the Etape Caledonia in Pitlochry, but will almost certainly do 2-3 others.

Top Bottom