200km Kendal-Ripon-Kendal in July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
So far nothing on that date, looking at trains I can get there as well which is good, suppose we should think about times etc if I need to reserve bike space!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'm still only a maybe - but now a probably not kind of maybe. :sad:

Still not sure of my plans for that weekend, but I haven't been getting the miles in on the bike enough recently so 200 km may well be beyond me. If I manage to get my act together before then...

OP
OP
Fiona N

Fiona N

Veteran
Sorry Trio, I keep forgetting about the start time: I put 9am on the rides calendar.

Given the daylight hours, this would give us 12 hours without needing lights.

Are there any objections?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry Fiona, but I'm going to have to drop out of this ride. :sad:

The logistics were always going to be a problem for me but the real show-stoppers are a combination of unfitness and a recurring saddle sore problem on long rides. Once I get to about 5 hours I'm in significant discomfort and after 7 or 8 it is a big problem. I still can't sit down properly 2 days after Sunday's ride!

I don't reckon I could get round in daylight and I don't want to be struggling round in the dark and holding everyone up.

I hope you all have a good ride and I'll do a ride like this with you next year once I've got fit again.

Ajay

Veteran
I'm still on for this ride. Any more details on the route?
My current plan is to cycle up to Oxenholme from Lancaster, and then leave the route at an appropriate point (Settle/Clapham?) for the return to Lancaster.

colly

Re member eR
:biggrin::biggrin:

All being well I will be along.

I'm not going to book my train ticket until tomorrow because I need to make certain that a contract I have coming up isn't organised for that weekend. I'm pretty certain but a phone call will make sure.

I'll break for home around Ripon or Pately Bridge depending on how fast ( or slow ) we are.

OP
OP
Fiona N

Fiona N

Veteran
:blush: I'm embarrassed to say I won't make my own ride as I'm flying back from a business trip - I was assuming I would be able to fly Friday evening but that's not possible now so I won't be home until late on Saturday night :cry:

I hope the people who are still interested will organise themselves as it seems a shame to miss a potentially great Saturday ride.

I have to admit I'm not even sure I'd make the route after 10 days off the bike :sad:

colly

Re member eR
Seeing as how no one has been updating this thread it looks like it's a non starter.:sad: TBH I'm up to my eyes in things at the moment so I'm not too down hearted.

Better at another time perhaps when more can get along. It looks like a good route so any suggestions as to a date?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Better at another time perhaps when more can get along. It looks like a good route so any suggestions as to a date?
Daylight could be an issue if you leave it too late in the year and don't make a really early start. If you do it - have fun!

I'm now out for any hilly rides over 70 miles for this year. I'm hopping about in major discomfort on the saddle after 40 miles or so. After our recent Dales ride, I couldn't sit properly for about 5 days! 125+ miles doesn't bear thinking about ... :wacko:

Top Bottom