2010 Scott CR1 Team (Comfort)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iendicott

Anyone on the forum have a Scott CR1 ?
What are they like for rides of around 60 miles in terms of comfort ?

I took one out at the start of the week and didn't get on with it due to it being the first road bike I have riden, went back to the same shop and took it out again after doing a few test rides on other road bikes and actually quite like it.

Was seriously thinking Specialized Roubaix Comp but not so sure now as the Scott is a more agressive ride. Will be using it for Sunday rides out road racing and time trials so an all rounder. I know if will fit the bill for me personally for road racing and time trials but not sure how comfortable it will be on a long ride so the question is posed.

Hope someone can advise.

Thanks Ivan

Radius

SHREDDER
Well if it's uncomfortable it's either the wrong size or set up wrong. Most bikes (except for ones very specialized for a completely different use) should be comfortable. Roubaix has a more laid back geo, but like you said, this fits the bill for all your needs. Setup is everything (ish).

OP
OP
iendicott

iendicott

Tried the 56 but the guy in the shop is getting the 54 in for me tomorrow. He tells me it's only 20mm shorter reach but as a rule Scott's are generally longer reach bikes.

Radius

SHREDDER
Yeah, try to find out what the effective top tube length is. Should be on t'internet. You can always get a longer stem, but if the TT is too long in the first place, stem adjustment has its limits...

I have an addict, and dispite being told it had a harsh ride (no test ride for me) I have been pleasantly surprised. No problems at all for me, I regularly ride 50+. The bike is an absolute joy to ride, fast,responsive and climbs like a stag (even with my lard arse on it).

My mate has a CR1 Pro, and I know his opinion is the same as mine.

OP
OP
iendicott

iendicott

I was told the front of the Scott is lower making it a more agressive ride than say a Specialized Sportiff bike. As I say I am gonna try the 54 tomorrow and see how I go.

AlanW

Guru
I have a CR1 Pro, no problems here either.

But in saying that, if its a really long ride say 80+ miles, then I'd opt for my trusty 853 frame. :laugh:

OP
OP
iendicott

iendicott

Well made the leap and bought the Scott CR1 Team, got the 54" frame as it was perfect for my body dimensions, was thinking about taking it out tomorrow on the 70 mile ride but I think that I am going to play it safe with a few shorter rides first. It's so light even my 4 year old can pick the whole thing up ! it's actually more than half as heavy as my hybrid. Massive thanks to Rutland Cycles for helping me out and fitting me to the correct bike.

DSC00001.JPG

iendicott said:
Well made the leap and bought the Scott CR1 Team, got the 54" frame as it was perfect for my body dimensions, was thinking about taking it out tomorrow on the 70 mile ride but I think that I am going to play it safe with a few shorter rides first. It's so light even my 4 year old can pick the whole thing up ! it's actually more than half as heavy as my hybrid. Massive thanks to Rutland Cycles for helping me out and fitting me to the correct bike.

DSC00001.JPG

Nice bike mate.

If you enjoy it half a much as I enjoy my two scotts, then you will have great time.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom