2010 UCI Women's Road Calendar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Skip Madness

Skip Madness

For those who want to catch some live women's cycling, the Muri Fermani - an Italian domestic calendar race - will be broadcast live tomorrow from 1330 BST here and here. I'll do my best to capture it for those who can't see it, but I really need to make some more disc space so I'll see what I can do.

The start list contains several names of note, here are a few:

Safi: Alona Andruk, Eneritz Iturriagaechevarria, Rasa Leleivyte, Eleonora Patuzzo, Marina Romoli
Chirio: Luisa Tamanini, Rosane Kirch, Uenia Fernandes, Edita Unguryte, Viktoriya Vologdnina
Vecchia Fontana: Rossella Callovi
Gauss: Giorgia Bronzini, Edita Pucinskaite
Vaiano: Valentina Scandolara
Michela Fanini: Barbara Guarischi, Giulia Lazzerini
Valdarno: Tatiana Antoshina, Lorenza Morfín, Marta Vilajosana
Lointek: Rosario Rodríguez

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Meanwhile the Gracia-Orlova has been going on the Czech Republic and there have been great results for Team GB - Nicole Cooke was 2nd on Stage 1 and 3rd on Stage 2 - unfortunately just ahead of her on each day was Vos! But them Emma Trott won the ITT (and quite convincingly), before it was back to business as usual on Stage 4, with a Vos-Cooke 1-2. Unfortunately on the final day, Cooke dropped a place to 3rd, which is where she finished overall, with Vos and Van Vleuten ahead of her. But it seems Cooke is getting back into some form, and a great result from Trott.

Just beforehand, Emma's younger sister Laura Trott won the overall and took two stages in the Omloop van Borsele in the Netherlands.

What with Emma Pooley riding superbly too, British women's cycling is in a lot better state than the sport as a whole...

Top Bottom