2012 Fulcrum Racing 7

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by coyote72, 28 Jul 2012.

1. coyote72

coyote72 Active Member

I have just purchased a set from Ribble arrived today, so fitted cassette and put them on and to my surprise they are quiet as a mouse.
    Has anybody else got the new wheels and do there`s run quiet on freewheel, very impressed with them and had no problem fitting Conti Ultras onto them.

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I always run quite freehubs/wheels. Currently Ultegra's.
    Hate loud clicky freehubs/wheels.

MattHB likes this.
  3. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

I know it's probably not true, or they wouldn't make them.. But I always think that a clicky hub would loose energy in the clicking. :eek:

4. Judderz

Judderz Well-Known Member

Got a set of handbuilts a couple of weeks ago, very quiet (105 hubs), as opposed to the Rodi Airline Evo's that came on the bike (noisy as hell).

5. Mike!

Mike! Veteran

My fulcrum 7's are very noisey! It's the only thing i dislike on my "best bike", my Boardman CX is much nicer in freewheel

6. rb58

rb58 Enigma

^ ^ ^ This.
    My Fulcrum 7s are so noisy you hear me a long time before you see me.... Consequently, they're winter wheels only now.

7. DrLex

DrLex merely the moocher

The noise of my Racing 4s acts as an advance warning of my approach on the shared path that I use daily, so no complaints here. (Also acts to encourage me to keep pedalling on the road sections, so I can ninja pass other cyclists...)

doctornige likes this.
  8. jayonabike

jayonabike Powered by caffeine & whisky

My Fulcrum 3's & Mavic Cosmic Carbones have a noisy freewheel, great when approaching walkers or horse riders. I must admit though the silent 105 hubs on my handbuilts is lovely when coasting along and all you hear is the hum of the tyres on the road

9. PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

I use the freewheel sound to remind me I should be spinning my legs!

10. doctornige

doctornige Well-Known Member

^^^^ this. Fulcrum 5 here.

11. The Brewer

The Brewer Shed Dweller

Mmmm I'm in two minds. I like when the clicking noise warns people on shared paths I'm approaching, but my Easton's seem to roll quicker and silent....I call the Easton's squirrel killers

12. PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD Über Member

I like the noise of my fulcrums, can be used to announce your presents around country lanes, and also remind you to change gear and stop coasting lol!

It would be nice to know if they've changed the more recent models to a more quieter free hub.

13. CopperCyclist

CopperCyclist Veteran

I have Fulcrum 5 clicky freewheel also. I'd prefer silent, but not to the degree that I'd change them before I need to, or possibly even bother researching it on the next set!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice