2012 Fulcrum Racing 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coyote72

I have just purchased a set from Ribble arrived today, so fitted cassette and put them on and to my surprise they are quiet as a mouse.
Has anybody else got the new wheels and do there`s run quiet on freewheel, very impressed with them and had no problem fitting Conti Ultras onto them.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I always run quite freehubs/wheels. Currently Ultegra's.
Hate loud clicky freehubs/wheels.

Mike!

Guru
My fulcrum 7's are very noisey! It's the only thing i dislike on my "best bike", my Boardman CX is much nicer in freewheel

rb58

Enigma
^ ^ ^ This.
My Fulcrum 7s are so noisy you hear me a long time before you see me.... Consequently, they're winter wheels only now.

DrLex

merely the moocher
The noise of my Racing 4s acts as an advance warning of my approach on the shared path that I use daily, so no complaints here. (Also acts to encourage me to keep pedalling on the road sections, so I can ninja pass other cyclists...)

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
My Fulcrum 3's & Mavic Cosmic Carbones have a noisy freewheel, great when approaching walkers or horse riders. I must admit though the silent 105 hubs on my handbuilts is lovely when coasting along and all you hear is the hum of the tyres on the road

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I use the freewheel sound to remind me I should be spinning my legs!

doctornige

The noise of my Racing 4s acts as an advance warning of my approach on the shared path that I use daily, so no complaints here. (Also acts to encourage me to keep pedalling on the road sections, so I can ninja pass other cyclists...)

^^^^ this. Fulcrum 5 here.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Mmmm I'm in two minds. I like when the clicking noise warns people on shared paths I'm approaching, but my Easton's seem to roll quicker and silent....I call the Easton's squirrel killers

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I like the noise of my fulcrums, can be used to announce your presents around country lanes, and also remind you to change gear and stop coasting lol!

It would be nice to know if they've changed the more recent models to a more quieter free hub.

I have Fulcrum 5 clicky freewheel also. I'd prefer silent, but not to the degree that I'd change them before I need to, or possibly even bother researching it on the next set!

Top Bottom