2012 olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Really? Are people asked how much they are willing to pay? I dont think so.
"Hello I'd like to book a room"
"That will be £300 per night"
"That's a lot, don't you have anything cheaper?"
"Sorry, no"
"Well, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I suppose I'm willing to pay what you ask."

Every transaction in the private sector is between a willing buyer and a willing seller - otherwise it wouldn't happen.

Good news is that the Olympics are a success for Tourism...

Bookings in Scotland are up 30%!

PBancroft

Just Google....

It was an FoI request reported by most national newpsapers and a lot of other sites besides

I did, which is why I asked. There seemed to be a big stink being kicked up by a organisation demanding French has equal footing to English on literature and signage, but nothing I could see about it going first.

I did, which is why I asked. There seemed to be a big stink being kicked up by a organisation demanding French has equal footing to English on literature and signage, but nothing I could see about it going first.

The wording (as reported) of the agreement is that the French Language be "given precedence" in all "Ceremonies, billboards and pageantry"

That has been intepreted to include the official signing.

defy-one

Gerrards Cross is lovely ;-)

ASC1951

Guru
Pierre de Coubertin ( 1863-1937) is the founder of the modern olympics.
So Johnny Foreigner would have us believe. In fact there were several "Olympic Games" half a century before the good Pierre - IIRC from a recent programme on the Beeb, there was one in Shropshire which is still going after 170 years,

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
"Hello I'd like to book a room"
"That will be £300 per night"
"That's a lot, don't you have anything cheaper?"
"Sorry, no"
"Well, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I suppose I'm willing to pay what you ask."

Every transaction in the private sector is between a willing buyer and a willing seller - otherwise it wouldn't happen.
I beg to differ. When I buy diesel for my car, I have to pay what it says on the pump.

Top Bottom