2012 or 13 Giant escape men’s bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rich68

Regular
Considering very highly, of buying a 2012 or 13 Giant escape bike. My question to everyone is the price of $225, and it being 7 years old. I mean it’s a Giant escape. Thanks, and hello all.

vickster

Legendary Member
What’s the condition like? Bicycles really haven’t changed that much in the last 10 years.
If it seems too expensive to you, buy something else (although in the UK at least demand for bikes and hence prices have increased especially at the budget end)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Really depends on the condition at that age. Sounds like a reasonable figure but you need to check it over for wear and what if anything needs doing to it. Take someone along who is an experienced biker if you’re not familiar with bikes or a bike mechanic, even if it means paying them.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

OP
OP
R

Rich68

Regular
Thanks for the feedback people, I appreciate it. Almost thinking of going to a few bike shops and looking. Haven’t been to one in years. Miss my Schwinn suburban, I had years ago. Trying to stay away from dept store bikes, since I’ve been reading about the quality, and then there are the bike companies, that used to make really good bikes, but now not so much..so much info. Just been reading a lot about Giant hybrids, because it’s mostly for local bike paths around here.
In the ads, I see a lot of Haro, Specialized, so as you all know ,there are so many choices. Thanks again.👍😎🚲🚴🏻‍♂️

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Considering very highly, of buying a 2012 or 13 Giant escape bike. My question to everyone is the price of $225, and it being 7 years old. I mean it’s a Giant escape. Thanks, and hello all.

Should that be 225 GBP, or, is it USD?

I have a 2019 Giant Escape 1 (there are several models in the range). Very happy with in by the way)

The price range for a new (2020) Escape is £349 - £649 (that is GBP), so, the model is quite an important consideration where price is concerned.

It is the second one I have owned, previous one was a 2015 Escape 1. I gave it to my son-in-law, if it was worth that much, I now think I was over generous!

vickster

Legendary Member
Should that be 225 GBP, or, is it USD?

I have a 2019 Giant Escape 1 (there are several models in the range). Very happy with in by the way)

The price range for a new (2020) Escape is £349 - £649 (that is GBP), so, the model is quite an important consideration where price is concerned.

It is the second one I have owned, previous one was a 2015 Escape 1. I gave it to my son-in-law, if it was worth that much, I now think I was over generous!
It says $ and was posted at 3.48am BST. So presumably USD (or maybe CAD)

Top Bottom