2013 Cannondale Trail SL 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpaceSputnik

Hi, an almost-beginner in need of guidance. I am looking at a used 2013 Cannondale Trail SL 4 that is listed at roughly 30% of the new price.

My main use for the bike would be long distance cross-country on hardpack/gravel surface with washboard sections and occasional horse hoove indentations. I might take it on more challenging forest/hilly trails but no downhill or anything of that sort.

I am 5'6" about 160lb. This frame is L, so might be a bit too large? It it better to err on the side of large or side of small.

Would that be a good buy? Would it be a meaningful upgrade from an old Norco Wolverine (the only mb I ever ridden). I see this one is a bit lighter and has disk brakes.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-mountain-bi...ke/1325807008?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
$1000 down to $350 is 65% less/saving

Cycleops

Legendary Member
At 5'6" you should be looking at 16"-18" frames or small to med in mountain bike frames. Some like slightly smaller, some bigger. Safer to err on the smaller side if not sure. If you can try so much the better.

OP
OP
SpaceSputnik

SpaceSputnik

Just measured my current bike and it is indeed quite a bit smaller - 17 inch and fits me nicely.
Sizes and Geometry‎: ‎S / 15", M / 17", L / 18.7", ...

This ^^^^ You need a Medium in this make/model.
Yes, I can see that now. My current bike is 17" and I feel very comfortable on it. This Cannondale is almost 2 inches bigger.
Thanks, I am getting a hang of it.

Top Bottom