2013 Transfer news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's certainly turning into a multinational team after starting out as a predominantly British team. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Saxo-Bank are signing riders left, right and centre - Rory Sutherland is the latest largely I think, because of the points he comes with, having won the America Tour this year. Without these new riders they'd be on the edge of not qualifying for the World Tour next season. Sutherland is a good rider too though.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Saxo-Bank are signing riders left, right and centre - Rory Sutherland is the latest largely I think, because of the points he comes with, having won the America Tour this year. Without these new riders they'd be on the edge of not qualifying for the World Tour next season. Sutherland is a good rider too though.
Rumours they're talking to Rujano too.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Rumours they're talking to Rujano too.
Rujano goes to Vaconsoleil though

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
saw that earlier! looks interesting for him!! could he be another GC contendor after sky have groomed him for a few years?

As I said before when this was first mooted, I think it'll do his long-term financial future no harm but I can't see him being more than a climbing (super-) domestique at Sky with their strength in depth in terms of GC contenders. I think that in racing terms he would have been better off going to a smaller World Tour team where he could have been a leader. But with his unfortunate past and fairy-tale comeback, no-one's going to begrudge him the paycheck.

Top Bottom