2013 Transfer news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
As I said before when this was first mooted, I think it'll do his long-term financial future no harm but I can't see him being more than a climbing (super-) domestique at Sky with their strength in depth in terms of GC contenders. I think that in racing terms he would have been better off going to a smaller World Tour team where he could have been a leader. But with his unfortunate past and fairy-tale comeback, no-one's going to begrudge him the paycheck.

Yes I wondered the same thing. Do you think he may have a classics role too given his WC performance?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sky don't pay the very highest of salaries apparently - certainly Wiggo this year was on about half what Cadel, Thor and Gilbert were getting from BMC.

I believe Sky have very good basic salaries plus of course the support and training are the best of all the teams. BMC in particular seem to put more money into acquiring and paying a few top riders.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
To be fair, he only fessed up to avoid jail time not through altruism or remorse.
True, and Lefevre is as clean as a whistle

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This seems to indicate he's going to another team though
Cyclingnews understands that Peiper will work with another major WorldTour team but he refused to confirm the name of the team.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
This seems to indicate he's going to another team though
Cyclingnews understands that Peiper will work with another major WorldTour team but he refused to confirm the name of the team.
Would that preclude Greenedge ? In financial terms they can be said to be major if not according to results.
Of course, can't tell anything until there's an announcement.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Would that preclude Greenedge ? In financial terms they can be said to be major if not according to results.
Of course, can't tell anything until there's an announcement.
Oh sorry, Thom. I thought Matt White was working for the Aussie Fed. Stand at ease!

Top Bottom