2014 Tour de France route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Anyone know the exact route for stage 3 -Cambridge to London. I will be trying to watch it somewhere.

compo

Veteran
I see the route between Chelmsford to just south of Harlow follows one of my regular rides. I think it likely I won't bother going to see it though, even though it is almost within walking distance of my home. Fight through crowds to get a view, wait hours then they are come and gone in seconds. I will probably stay at home and watch it in comfort on Eurosport.

Maybe this is why it is better to watch the tour in France. We drove and parked within 50 metres of the route last year, and only had to wait 5 minutes for the first riders to come through. Th bonus was that it was on our way back from Spain on holiday, so did not even have to make a special trip.

VeloCharts

Regular
Chart here showing how the climbs breakdown: http://velocharts.com/post/64861998965/tour-de-france-2014-climbs-ranked
Mountains2014T.png

compo

Veteran
Coming back to England the TDF does a good block of the Dunwich Dynamo route through Essex, and takes place a week before the DD. It will be nice to ride on roads for a few miles free of potholes. This is assuming Essex keep their word to sort the roads out for the event.

Top Bottom