2015 Genesis Flyer v Charge Plug 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MoG

Veteran
Okay, so there is £200 price difference (at Evans), but in your opinions, is there that much difference between the two. I have a strict £600 budget. Would I best blowing the lot on a Flyer, or buying the Plug and using the money left over to buy mudguards etc? If the latter, then what, if any upgrades would you recommend please?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Gensis every time. Their bikes always have good reviews, the lug not so much.

potsy

Rambler
Okay, so there is £200 price difference (at Evans), but in your opinions, is there that much difference between the two. I have a strict £600 budget. Would I best blowing the lot on a Flyer, or buying the Plug and using the money left over to buy mudguards etc? If the latter, then what, if any upgrades would you recommend please?
Personally I'd spend the extra for the Genesis, have actually enquired about them at my lbs and am hoping to get to see it in the flesh next week :thumbsup:

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought the 2014 Plug was pretty heavy, especially compared with the used Pearson I acquired

I'd go lighter especially if adding more weight with mudguards and rack. Not sure what else you'd need to upgrade on a new SS, unless you want to alter the gearing

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
How could anybody riding the prototype bikes not notice that little problem!

So, what type of brakes were they and why didn't they work?
They were a tektro lyra calliper with a shimano rotor. The shimano rotor was a bit thinner than the lyra rotor and as such caused issues in certain situations.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They were a tektro lyra calliper with a shimano rotor. The shimano rotor was a bit thinner than the lyra rotor and as such caused issues in certain situations.
Wrist-slap for whoever made that mistake!

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I have the 2015 flyer and love it...nothing bad to say about it at all. Only things I've changed from stock would be the tyres (changed to 4 seasons 25c) and the saddle (changed to Fizik arione). Excellent steed for the money.

Top Bottom