2016 Cycling Goals & New Year's resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well this year was a no go for me due to family illness so I had to give up plans for a Super Randonneur and Paris-Brest-Paris :sad: Things are going way better than expected with my youngests treatment at the moment so I'm going to tempt fate and declare my goals for next year .
a. Randonneur round the year, starting with the winter solstice next week .
b. Super Randonneur
c. Wild Atlantic Way Audax in June

Fingers crossed . Paul

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Fingers crossed indeed Paul. I know how a very poorly child takes over every facet of your life.

GWS to young un and from my own experience that bit 'me' time I could get on my bike kept me sane and ready for whatever else came along with his treatment.

Leescfc79

Über Member
Well 2015 was a shocker for me, so far only managed 750 miles and 400 of those miles were done by the end of February, having our first child and being generally lazy hasn't helped.

Goals for 2016

1-ride more!!
2-do another 100 mile ride (last year was the first time I've not done one since I started cycling 4 years ago)
3-buy a weeride and take the little one for a few family rides next summer
4-get better at hills

Durian

Über Member
2015 has been a terrible year, ill health meant I hadn't cycled since mid January and when I finally managed to get back on my bike a few weeks ago my knees swelled up and stopped me riding again.

2016, I aim to spend far more time back in England and will hopefully be buying a touring bike and exploring the north of England, Wales and some of Scotland. If I can get the miles in then my aim for 2017 is to do LEJOG.

si_c

Guru
Join the metric 100 a month challenge properly, I've sort of been doing it the last few months, but that doesn't count :biggrin:

Hoping to get in on the RideLondon-Surrey 100 this year, would be first sportive type ride.

Join a cycling club.
My target mileage this year was 2500, done 2800 so far, so try for 3500 next year.
Do more hills.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I would like to ride 3000 miles next year.
Not fussed about Sportives or anything like that though.
I fancy a crack at doing a Metric century and/or half century every month, but with Hubster getting iller, I'm not sure how practical that will be, but will give it a go.

12,000kms next year
A proper all day sunrise-sunset ride
Some 'proper' hills
Get the better half to do a sportive
100 miles at a 30mph average
A Euro fondo or similar
Commute more

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
100 miles at a 30mph average

:wacko:

Top Bottom