2016 England v Sri Lanka – Spoilers compulsory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Location
Midlands
Summer proper has started – First Test against Sri Lanka at Headingly – Whilst Im much against the concept that England should roll over every team they are up against – the Sri Lankans haven’t got replacements for the likes of Sangakkara, Jayawardene and Muralitharan and have not shown much form in their warm up games – assuming the weather doesn’t play a major part in the series a series win should be in the offing.
 
You never know which England team is going to show up, but I'm excited by the current team and I would expect them to go to claim a series win. The early summer weather always favours the home team as well/
 
Cook out for 16 ... I should imagine the crowd would have been disappointed not to see him make his 33. Only tempered by the fact the local lad who can bat a bit is in.
 

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
That nice person who works for google and lives in my phone has decided I need regular updates. I've just woken up and discovered a nice old-fashioned
England batting collapse
in progress.

Hey-ho. It must be summer.
 

AndyRM

XOXO
Location
North Shields
Ship steadied.

The over-reaction is hilarious. A wee wobble after a successful tour of South Africa and commentators are calling for changes. Get a grip! Sri Lanka have bowled and fielded very well, and my only real criticism is playing Root at 3 (which I don't really understand at all).
 

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Ah. "England in control". I must not follow the match more often.
 
Top Bottom