2016 Pinnacle Dolomite 3 Guards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Any cc members use a 2016 Pinnacle Dolomite 3 equipped with disc's ?

Only asking as i am trying to work out what guards will fit the front , fork has mounts half way up

I know @Drago has a dolomite but unsure what model he has ?

Suggestions ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Mines an older Dolomite with rim brakes, but SKS guards fit it most pleasantly and 28C tyres just fit underneath.

aferris2

Guru
I've got some Bontrager guards on mine. Something like this. Mine's either a 2016 or 2015 (can't remember which) but it does have discs. The brackets on the guards do rattle quite a bit though...

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My Dolomite is a 2017 disc and the guard mounts are by the axle at the front and a couple of inches up on the rear, I use blumels. So, basically I cannot help, sorry.

si_c

Guru
I can see those working
They really are very good, extremely easy to fit.

As noted above the plastic rear stay bracket does rattle a bit on my Domane, fixed this by replacing with an aluminium bracket I could shape to fit.

It's not a bad rattle but any noise annoys me.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
They really are very good, extremely easy to fit.

As noted above the plastic rear stay bracket does rattle a bit on my Domane, fixed this by replacing with an aluminium bracket I could shape to fit.

It's not a bad rattle but any noise annoys me.
The rear is on just the one's I had already the stays won't adjust to the fork mount but I have a plan that I will try at the weekend.

I don't mind rattle's as I always throwing mine out of the pram :laugh:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Juan Kog this has been what I have been riding since Thursday.
Looks like problem sorted by using these Dia Compe bracket.

Drago

Legendary Member
As an aside, the Dolomite is an underappreciated bike. A good mix of comfort, performance and stability at sensible prices. Mines a 2011 model, so has a Kinesis frame, idemtical to a Racelight of the same vintage, and is none the worse for that.

They won't set your pants ablaze with excitement, but on a rainy commute home in a crosswind there are much worse bikes to be on.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
They won't set your pants ablaze with excitement, but on a rainy commute home in a crosswind there are much worse bikes to be on.

This one has quite surprised me in the 80 miles I have completed since getting it ^_^.

Rides well and doesn't mean too much on the shires less than smooth back roads that I tend to ride .

It's comfortable enough and does everything I want so not complaining especially for what I paid for it.

Being picky the brakes are not the best but that could be down to the pads as I don't know what history they have .

si_c

Guru
Being picky the brakes are not the best but that could be down to the pads as I don't know what history they have .

From the picture you've posted above seems they are TRP Spyres which I find to be excellent brakes. I'd suggest giving the rotors a good clean and swapping the pads for some new ones will sort it out - first though make sure the brakes are adjusted properly, there is quite a lot of performance lost if the pads are not adjusted so they rest ~1mm or less from the rotor.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
From the picture you've posted above seems they are TRP Spyres which I find to be excellent brakes. I'd suggest giving the rotors a good clean and swapping the pads for some new ones will sort it out - first though make sure the brakes are adjusted properly, there is quite a lot of performance lost if the pads are not adjusted so they rest ~1mm or less from the rotor.

Yes they are and i have just been looking at pads , trying to decide which ones to go for

si_c

Guru
Yes they are and i have just been looking at pads , trying to decide which ones to go for

For commuting I've used Noah & Theo Resin pads with great success - but you can also drop in Shimano pads (BR-M515 compatible so M05 I think) too with no problem if you want a recognisable brand.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been looking at Clarks organic vx one's but going to give the disc's a clean first and have a look at the pads as it was meant to have been serviced just before i got it ^_^

Just been looking at Noah & Theo but they have no resin pads available to order on e bay shop :sad:

What ever i order on line it's doubtful they would arrive before christmas

Thanks for the suggestions

Top Bottom