2019 Goats League - Climb 24 - Col Sant Pantaleon - South Side

Discussion in 'BRVR - Goats League Discussions' started by Aleman, 11 Jun 2019.

1. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Ride opens for attempts at midnight 10th June 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 24th August 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Featuring as the penultimate stage on the 2018 Giro we have the 17.65Km 1154m ascent of the Col Sant_Pantaleon. Tucked away in the Aosta Valley, the Col Saint-Pantaléon begins in the small town of Chambave. Being a relatively unknown climb in the quiet border regions of France and Italy, it offers a tranquil alternative to some of the more popular ascents of the Alps (that is, when the Giro d’Italia doesn’t visit). Topping out at a gradient of 12.7%, the Pantaléon twists and turns via switchbacks and open roads for 16km. Near the summit, it’s possible to see the legendary Matterhorn on a clear day.

profile.colsantpantaleon.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2019
    ibooij, djk and Mugshot like this.
  2. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

Thanks @Aleman
    Everything ok, not seeing much of you recently?

Aleman likes this.
  3. SmP-62

SmP-62 Well-Known Member

Hi @Aleman, some minor remarks (don't want to look as a PITA)

I suggest to add South Side to the topic name Col Saint Pantaleon, as there is also North side ride on BRVR (to avoid confusion).

Regarding opening and closing dates I don't think you want to repeat time frame from climb 23.

Aleman likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

I cut and paste the text from a previous ride then edit it ... Forgot to change the dates ... DOH!!

I'll amend later tonight when I fire the computer up again.

Edit: Done

Last edited: 12 Jun 2019
    SmP-62 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice