2019 Goats League - Climb 26 - Col du Tourmelet (West)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 24th June 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 18th August 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

The most frequent climb in le Tour with 86 apperances, first appearing on 1910, when it was won by Octave Lapize, who also went on to win the GC in Paris ... He told the organisers You are Assassins!! Hold on to your lunch, here we go for the 23.07Km ascent of the Col du Tourmelet at 2115m the highest mountain pass in the Pyrenees, the good news is that you only have to climb 1377m from the start in Luz-Saint-Saveur . I suppose the best news is that you actually have 5Km of descent after you crest the summit :biggrin:

profile.coldutourmelet.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Planning to have a pop at this later. Will try and set a competitive time for others to chase :okay:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Found that super tough towards the end, really started to flag in the last 3 miles or so of the climb, made it over the top though, so got there in the end;

1:29:15 for me please @Aleman

Top Bottom