2019 Goats League - Climb 8 - Rojas Sauzal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 18th Feb 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 14th April 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

OK, a ride for the puncheurs among us, the very short Rojas Sauzal, a mere 3010 meters, but with a height gain of 330m that's an average gradient of more than 10%. I love the Canary Islands, and have probably driven along this road at some time in the past, I'm sure cycling it would be more 'interesting'

profile.rojassauzal.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited:
Reactions: djk

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
and have probably driven along this road at some time in the past, I'm sure cycling it would be more 'interesting'
Quicker too for some of the riders in our club.

Reactions: djk

Gattorantolo

Silvano Turati on BRVR
I rided this climb today (24 January), 15.02 for me...is not valid?
On BigRing the Challenge say:
Finish all rides between January 1 and December 31 to complete the challenge.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Hi Silvano,
BigRingVR operate on a slightly different set of rules to this league. A ride is only valid if completed within the time frame set, in this case from midnight 18th Feb 2019, to Midnight on the 14th April 2019. Consider it as good practice for the next time.:okay:
Whatever though your quickest time counts on either league.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just checked that out. Silvano (@Gattorantolo) and me have already tackled this one so at least I've got someone to chase (me), doubt I'll get anywhere near Silvano.

One heck of a short sharp shock for tomorrow.

SmP-62

Silvano (@Gattorantolo), as you can see now, yours 'to early' ride is valid in BigRing VR Challenge (https://bigringvr.com/Challenge.aspx?challengeID=22).

If you want to have a valid ride also in this League, you must do it again.

I have also done a test. A day before this ride was open in the League (and not shown as a challenge ride on BRVR), I made this ride as a recon ride on the end of my regular training excercise and it is now (after the ride is finally shown as a BR challenge ride) marked as completed in BR VR Challenge.

Last edited:

ibooij

Über Member
Silvano (@Gattorantolo), as you can see now, yours 'to early' ride is valid in BigRing VR Challenge (https://bigringvr.com/Challenge.aspx?challengeID=22).

If you want to have a valid ride also in this League, you must do it again.

I have also done a test. A day before this ride was open in the League (and not shown as a challenge ride on BRVR), I made this ride as a recon ride on the end of my regular training excercise and it is now (after the ride is finally shown as a BR challenge ride) marked as completed in BR VR Challenge.

BigRingVR challenges indeed have the rule that all rides in the challenge have to be done between the start and end date of the complete challenge.

Top Bottom