2019 Goats League - Climb 8 - Rojas Sauzal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martin22

19.23, actually enjoyed that...mainly when i got to the top and it ended :biggrin:

Oh and @Aleman , you owe me 50 seconds on Grossglockner !:whistle:

Last edited:

Gattorantolo

Silvano Turati on BRVR
Silvano (@Gattorantolo), as you can see now, yours 'to early' ride is valid in BigRing VR Challenge (https://bigringvr.com/Challenge.aspx?challengeID=22).

If you want to have a valid ride also in this League, you must do it again.

I have also done a test. A day before this ride was open in the League (and not shown as a challenge ride on BRVR), I made this ride as a recon ride on the end of my regular training excercise and it is now (after the ride is finally shown as a BR challenge ride) marked as completed in BR VR Challenge.
Is this another league? I don't understand this....

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Is this another league? I don't understand this....
Hi Silvano,
A bit confusing but a bit of history behind the league may help. Last year @Aleman noticed that a lot of Cyclechat forum members were also subscribers to BigringVR so he set up a Goats league for members on this forum to compete against and generally chat about the ride, how they faired and how they either pipped you to the post or got dropped (light hearted banter really). It proved so popular that BRVR decided to incorporate the league as part of their challenges. Aleman decides which rides we do (No doubt deriving some sort of sadistic pleasure :angel:) and the dates in which to ride them to qualify for the league. He also keeps and updates a spreadsheet of times and it is up to us to let him know our times in order for him to keep the league up to date.

The BRVR league is open to all subscribers and even if you just do one league ride you appear on the leader board somewhere even if you aren't even aware that the challenge exists.
Now here is where the leagues differ, the BRVR league is open all year, rides can be ridden as many times as you like during the year and the fastest times are logged. Rides even count if you do them before they appear on the league. On this league rides only count if they are completed within the time window defined by Aleman, rides can be ridden as many times as you like but only the fastest time set within that window will count. It is also up to us to keep Aleman informed of any times we set.
So two leagues but effectively the same thing on this one though we can chat about it with other forum members and have a bit of a laugh at each other.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Oh no, it is most definitely a masochistic pleasure :evil: It's only if other people ride it that it becomes sadistic ... and I'm not forcing anyone to ride them :angel::angel:
You're correct, no one forced me to have a crack at any of the rides but I seem to have found some extra watts from somewhere and it's a shame to waste 'em while I've got 'em:bicycle:. I'll pop into the Zoncolan thread.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
For those of you that want a more human time to aim for then I'm there at 0:18:35 :biggrin:

Frankly it's a great one for the puncheurs, I was planning on the Col de Bonette today, but realized during the warm up that I just didn't have enough in the legs to cope with a potentially 2 hour ride, so switched to this one. I was actually surprised by how well I did, not really expecting to be able to keep @martin22 at bay, but was surprised to continue to pull away, although Indalecio Lekerika kept me honestas he started to bring me back as we got closer to the top, I was able however, to put a modest sprint over the 'Flat' 200m which just kept me out of reach. ... Of course Dave was sitting by the side of the road laughing at me as I went by :cursing:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
... Of course Dave was sitting by the side of the road laughing at me as I went by :cursing:
More like xx( if I'm being honest, my effort took a bit out of me.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Bleeuuuurg, feel like I've been bunged up and coughing for weeks :sad:, got to get back on the horse or I'm going to start falling behind.

A less than impressive 19:32, but it's ticked off the list.

Hi @Aleman not nagging but I see you've updated Hautacam for me but not this one, then I thought you may have missed it as I hadn't tagged you :hello:

Last edited:
Top Bottom