2019 tour of yorkshire route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That sucks. It doesn't visit Wales at all. ;)

geocycle

Legendary Member
Looking forward to it! Unfortunately it misses big chunks of Yorkshire west of Skipton and Bedale which is a shame ( but gives me a longer ride in!). The only irritating bit is that the two days I could feasibly take in are Friday and Sunday they are separated by a sojourn to the coast so will make logistics tricky to see more than one day.

tom73

Guru
Should be another good few days. The big thing for me is it’s the 1st time I can ride out to watch it. Saying that it looks to be passing the top of the street yet again. Still think the bike will be coming out though. ;)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/tour-de-yorkshire-set-clash-2313229

[OPEN LINK WITH ADD BLOCKER]

Tour de Yorkshire set to clash with East Riding Council election
Councillor calls for reassurances

Some voters in next year's East Riding Council election could find their normal route to the local polling station blocked off - thanks to the Tour de Yorkshire.

For the first stage of the 2019 cycling spectacular is due to wheel its way through the county on the same day as the council's all-out election on Thursday, May 2.

Riders are scheduled to pass through Goole, Howden, South Cave, Beverley and Pocklington in the 178.5km stage which starts in Doncaster and ends in Sherburn in Elmet.

Traditionally, roads where the race passes through are temporarily closed to normal traffic. Rolling road closures are a regular feature of the event, allowing cyclists and the huge cavalcade of back-up vehicles a clear route.

1_TDY-Beverley-crowd.jpg

Huge crowds fill Beverley's Saturday Market for the Tour de Yorkshire men's race (Image: Jerome Ellerby)
That is likely to restrict access to some polling stations for a while, although they will all be open to voters as usual between 7am and 10pm.

Council election officials are expected to work closely with race organisers over the next few months to keep any disruption to a minimum.

p:nth-of-type(6)","type":"performPlaceholder","relativePos":"after"}" data-placeholder-placeholder="" data-response-start="1364.6999999764375" data-type="placeholder" style="background: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 0px; font-size: 16px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(20, 20, 20); font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;">
Tour de Yorkshire 2019 route, times, dates and where to watch
But one councillor has already questioned how the clash has come about, especially as the council is one of the race sponsors, and raised concerns about access to polling stations.

Parking will be heavily restricted in towns along the route, creating a potential headache for disabled voters.

Watch: Start of the Tour De Yorkshire in Beverley 2018
4221396001_5779909473001_5779903665001-vs.jpg

CLICK TO PLAY
SEE THE START OF THE 2018 TOUR DE YORKSHIRE IN BEVERLEY

Independent Andy Strangeway, who represents the Pocklington Provincial ward, said: "As this could be in breach of electoral law, I have requested East Riding Council's returning officer Caroline Lacey to seek confirmation from the Electoral Commission that no legislation will be breached due to electors having access to the polling stations denied for part of the day."

The council's elections take place once every four years with all seats on the authority being contested.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Passes through the villages my family are from.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Independent Andy Strangeway, who represents the Pocklington Provincial ward, said: "As this could be in breach of electoral law, I have requested East Riding Council's returning officer Caroline Lacey to seek confirmation from the Electoral Commission that no legislation will be breached due to electors having access to the polling stations denied for part of the day."
Nobber. I would be very surprised if any polling stations were completely cut off, rather than only accessble on foot. There are probably a few obscure stations nowhere near roads, so I doubt it's a legal problem.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Nobber. I would be very surprised if any polling stations were completely cut off, rather than only accessble on foot. There are probably a few obscure stations nowhere near roads, so I doubt it's a legal problem.

Maybe that explains the poor turnouts in elections and referrendums. Maybe we need drive thru polling booths which McDonalds can administer.

tom73

Guru
Shame it look's like old Dorris will have to wait a few more minutes for her "free vote for me" lift to the polling station. Personal the 5 minutes of fame this race brings to my area as it's shown world wide, the way it bring the place together and money it makes. Have done more than the same old red donkeys have ever done.

The man is a plank if having a road or two closed for a few minutes that's all it is they really have this road closing thing down to fine art. Puts off of a few voters then they really can't be that bothered to vote anyway. How desperate are they to hold power if they get in a state over a thing like this?

Top Bottom