2021 Goals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
My inspiration for 2021 is the same as it has been every year since 1967. That is to ride a few time trials and as an oldie now, to try and beat my age standard for a 10 mile TT.

Some years, life gets in the way, but most years have achieved it.
I rode my last TT at 40 (the last evening club "10" of 2009), did a lifetime PB and immediately retired. No slow decline for me :laugh:

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
One of my bike buddies is absolutely obsessed with achieving targets and as a result he is now a pain in the Rs to ride with. He seems to get some kind of satisfaction just grinding out the miles, but the rest of us want to enjoy the ride.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Because I use Strava, I keep a record of my mileage but I don't set myself any goals. At the end of the year I just see how many miles I have done but that's it. Don't care if it is more or less than the previous year. I just enjoy riding the bike when and where I want to. You could say my goal is to keep some sort of fitness with the advancing years.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
My goals are to get through the year in one piece - preferably with all my loved ones intact. After that, to cover 7,500km - 8,000km (5,000 miles) would be great - if I could include some hill riding in that it would be a massive plus, but it’s notoriously flat where I live so I’ll struggle with that too often. Also I’d like to break the 20mph avg. barrier (over 50km +) constantly. 2020 saw nearly all my rides high 18’s and 19’s and tantalisingly close to 20mph but never quite got there. New bike on order, and a hard winters training had better pay dividends, or there’ll be trouble :whistle:

My goals are to get through the year in one piece - preferably with all my loved ones intact. After that, to cover 7,500km - 8,000km (5,000 miles) would be great - if I could include some hill riding in that it would be a massive plus, but it’s notoriously flat where I live so I’ll struggle with that too often. Also I’d like to break the 20mph avg. barrier (over 50km +) constantly. 2020 saw nearly all my rides high 18’s and 19’s and tantalisingly close to 20mph but never quite got there. New bike on order, and a hard winters training had better pay dividends, or there’ll be trouble :whistle:
New bike ? That’s teasing, we need more details.....

A Pinarello F12 Dogma .... in for a penny, in for a pound :whistle: .... what’s your new bike ? - the one awaiting an outing.
Oooh very nice. I think I remember, did you start a thread about the Pinarello and another option ? If it was then I said the Pinarello.
The bike in avatar, A Mason Resolution

Top Bottom