2021 planning a few more trips further than my doorstep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shropshire65LW

2021 planning a few more trips further than my doorstep
well this year was my first year back on a bike thanks to Covid 19 shutter the gyms , well i have enjoyed it for sure
however my furthest run was only 20 miles , circling local lanes from the house

im hoping 2021 will take me further , im hoping to do some North wales Riding ,i see there seems to be a route
that takes me pretty much Chester the Bangor .....so thats my aim
if anyone can give me any links to the Cycle routes to travel that coast line id be much appreciated
ive downloaded a few apps ,and just started planning ..

im not the fittest person in the world , but anyone wishing to Join me on and ride spring summer 2021
weather permitting ,i would like to do it with the nice weather for full enjoyment lol

Happy Cycling 👍

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Have a look on the site CrazyGuyOnABike...so much wonderful inspiration there.

Yaaay! An optimistic, forward looking post in the Touring Forum! ^_^

In my experience, https://cycle.travel/ is the best planner for touring. It has served me well in all kinds of places!
On the map you can see the main cycle routes marked off and there is a growing list of "prepared" routes, often with notes and commentary.

RideWithGPS can be useful too for searching the routes of others, although at this stage I'm not sure if I can still download them on a free sub.

No matter what planner you use, none are perfect so either research in great detail or pack a devil may care attitude^_^

My experience of Wales is limited to one crossing to Ireland. I remember a lovely stretch along the coast and then a whole lot of hills! Steep hills! Great though!

Good luck!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
if anyone can give me any links to the Cycle routes to travel that coast line id be much appreciated
ive downloaded a few apps ,and just started planning ..

im not the fittest person in the world , but anyone wishing to Join me on and ride spring summer 2021
weather permitting ,i would like to do it with the nice weather for full enjoyment lol
Have a word with @Rickshaw Phil? :whistle:

Cymro74

One of my favourite routes for 40 years has been from Minera to World's end, then over to valle crucis and follow the lanes north of the river Dee to Corwen. This is the perfect way to cycle into north Wales.
After Corwen you have several choices. You could then go over the moors past. llyn brenig to Conwy. Or follow route through Llandrillo to Bala and beyond. If heading for Snowdonia, the A5 is a bit busy so look for some of the B roads.

OP
OP
Shropshire65LW

Shropshire65LW

thank you all for your reply some good info
im actually not far from wales and know it reasonably well , just setting myself a challenge to go a little further
and the North Wales coast seamed a good place to start challenging myself a little further
i have a few options as a first , Neston / Chester and onto Rhyl
or i could start maybe Talacre
head west see how far i get ; i can carry camping gear

my more adventures route would be
Abergele Betws y coed , Beddgelert and head towards Barmouth . but then i have to get back :laugh:🤔
as adventurous as my mind is im not sure im upto there and back :laugh:

well all fun planning and something next year to plan for

Top Bottom