2026 Races....Spoilers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

No Ta Doctor

Veteran
That's 3 years in a row that TP has finished runner up.

Got to feel for him, but it's objectively funny - lost to three different riders as well. TBH, If I were him I'd have considered letting Onley go ahead the last couple of metres, just for some variety

1791042126697.png
 

Webbo2

Veteran
Watching the last 10km of this and I wonder if TP rode in a straight line he might do better, he seems to always zig zagging across the road.
I wonder if he’s related to my Cocker Spaniel Bertie.😳
 

Pross

Guru
I got the feeling at the end that he could've beaten Piganzoli. He was on fire at the Worlds last week. Was it being in a chasing group that held him back?

The others all sat on him from the time Piganzoli attacked. He left it too late to jump across, probably worried about dragging the other Visma rider with him. I only saw the last 5km or so but from what they said on comms it sounds like he’d already had to do a lot of work, not sure if he bridges to the original break maybe.
 

PurplePenguin

Active Member
TNT cut coverage with about 6 km to go to swap to the rugby preamble. Really poor of them given how they love letting snooker and tennis coverage overrun at the expense of cycling.
10 minutes less of Ugo Moyne's hyberbole would have been great!

I was a victim of this as well. I assumed it must have been on the red button, but I managed to select some other race which crashed my Virgin box. I caught the end on my phone though.
 

M.R.M

Well-Known Member
Jorgenson was too strong. There wasn't much TP could do. If he had jumped on Piganzoli immediately, they'd have gotten countered by Jorgenson. Visma could play out their strength in numbers. Don't think there was anything he could do. Onley & all others were pretty much blown by then.
Narvaez had put in a couple of strong attacks in the preceding laps for McNulty & Yates and I think those killed the legs of everyone in addition to the San Luca climb.
 
Top Bottom