205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmmm, pootling to me means bimbling along at <10mph. Soft-pedalling means going quite fast but not really having to push to pedals hard, as enabled by a strong tailwind, a good tow, a push to the backside, a cooperative tandem partner or a downhill gradient.
Thanks...

Hmmm, pootling to me means bimbling along at <10mph. Soft-pedalling means going quite fast but not really having to push to pedals hard, as enabled by a strong tailwind, a good tow, a push to the backside, a cooperative tandem partner or a downhill gradient.

Thanks...

But you knew all that anyway, eh, SD! :ohmy: :whistle:

:okay:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have a query.
Now Kurt has the new record and is still going, when he has finished and they work out his average daily mileage, will the average needed to be hit every day be referred to as 'a Tarzan' or 'a Searvogal' do you think. It's not going to be called 'a Godwin' any longer.

...although the former Mrs Searvogel might be to differ!

I wasn't aware of any extracurricular activities. Although I can't say I'm surprised.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I wasn't aware of any extracurricular activities. Although I can't say I'm surprised.
There was a FB post about 6 months ago from the former Mrs Searvogel saying something like "Alicia Snyder AKA Homewrecker" or similar, in a post commenting on the achievement of his ride thus far. Kurt has now married Alicia. I suppose that they would have got to know each other, warts and all, in such a close and intense environment.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
"Behind every good man there is a good woman" is a rather old-fashioned phrase, but it seems to apply here.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Kurt posted towards the beginning of the challenge that he had met Alicia at some event or other and knew that she was the one that he needed by his side for the HAMR. I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Here we go, from Kurts website;

Alicia Rachel Snyder - Crew Chief (The Whip/Conductor of the Pain Train).

Alicia and I met in June 2014. She was a last minute volunteer that saved my 2014 Team RAAM. During our two weeks together I realized that I had found a soul mate. A person that I was destine to do something great with. When the UMCA annouced they were going to certify the highest yearly mileage record we knew what that something was.

Top Bottom