205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I rather like this bit from the Strava page;

Top Achievements on this Ride

PR on Horwood Hill (2:08)

PR on A413 - Great Horwood (4:22)

+ 101 more

:bravo:

Fubar

Guru
I rather like this bit from the Strava page;

Top Achievements on this Ride

PR on Horwood Hill (2:08)

PR on A413 - Great Horwood (4:22)

+ 101 more

:bravo:

I think Strava has reset all KOM's for 2015 (it gave me a load yesterday) - DOESNT take away from the daily distance mind.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Are there any rules in the record ratification regarding drafting? I see on his diary that during March he spends consecutive nights in Sheffield and Manchester so maybe comes over this way. I'd ride with him some of the way but would I be allowed to let him draft me? This of course is assuming I would actually be able to ride faster than him for a few miles at least, certainly not a given

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Are there any rules in the record ratification regarding drafting? I see on his diary that during March he spends consecutive nights in Sheffield and Manchester so maybe comes over this way. I'd ride with him some of the way but would I be allowed to let him draft me? This of course is assuming I would actually be able to ride faster than him for a few miles at least, certainly not a given

From the Ultra Cycling Rules.
  1. There is no prohibition on drafting during this record attempt. (This is a mileage record, not a speed record.)
It's no so much drafting Steve would need rather then a bit of company on the road. A bit of a chinwag to while away the miles.

He's now done 80km more in 4 days than I did in the the 4 days I tried to do LEL and I ended up sleeping under a tree by the side of the road somewhere in yorkshire and limping home on the train. Sleep deprived, retaining about 5kg of fluid and slightly insane.

And he's doing it again tomorrow.

Top Bottom