21/06/09: The only fully supported, high speed LEJOG is short of a rider - are you interested?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlotte

Dissolute libertine
I'm Race Director for The Race Against Time, the only high speed, fully supported Land's End to John O'Groats event in aid of the Bishop Simeon Trust, supporting HIV/AIDS projects in South Africa. The ride leaves on the 21st June and we've had a rider pull out at short notice due to injury.

The Race Against Time is a unique endurance challenge, now in its 6th year. It involves a group of cyclists going from Lands End to John O’Groats in just six days – that’s an average of 145 miles a day, and a total of 874 miles in less than a week. I rode it last year and it was quite the best cycle event I have ever taken part in.

As in previous years, we'll be looking after riders all the way and your food, accommodation and if you can get to and from our London HQ, even travel is included. With multiple support vehicles, we'll be with the team on the road the entire day, providing you with all the help that you need. At night, you'll have your luggage brought to your room, your dinner cooked and your kit laundered. You'll even get a professional sports massage from time to time!

We normally ask for a commitment to raise at least £2000 sponsorship from every rider, but as there is less than a fortnight to go and everything's set, for the right rider, we'll accept a minimum of £500 and ask that you raise as much as you can towards a target of £1000.

If you'd like to apply for this unique opportunity, you'll need to act fast. Apart from having a suitable road bike, you'll need to be fit enough to complete the challenge and we'll need a deposit of £300. If you'd like to know more, please contact me at this email address:

fixiechick <at> hotmail <dot> co <dot> uk

It's the ideal LEL warm up event, too... :smile:

HeartAttack

If it had of been from the 22nd I'd be happy to take part ;)

Hope you find someone in time

Jonathan M

I met Ciaran (one of the organisers of this ride) a couple of years ago on holiday in France, absolutely top guy - helped my then 6 year old to cycle without stabilisers, something that he wsa not going to achieve for me!

Top Bottom