23 yrs since i raced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joe mc

HI FOLKS , NEW TO THE FORUM , HOPE TO GET A BIT OF MENTAL SUPPORT, I WAS PRETTY GOOD AS A SCHOOLBOY , NATIONAL CHAMPION, RACED UNTIL 21YRS, RODE BIGGEST RACES IN IRELAND , THEN DISCOVERED PUBS ,NITECLUBS, WOMEN ETC, BECAME FAT, GOOD DRINKER THOUGH,23 YRS LATER I GOT BACK ON MY GIOS TORINO AND DONE A FEW 1/2 HOUR SPINS NEARLY KILLED ME ,WENT TO WEIGHT-WATCHERS ,LOST 3 STONES +, GOT UP TO 1 1/2 HR SPINS, JUST BOUGHT A NEW BOARDMAN TEAM BIKE , GREAT BIKE,PROBABLY TOO GOOD FOR WHAT I NEED, I THINK I NEED TO KNOW IN MY OWN HEAD, WHAT THE HELL I'M GONNA DO .I'M NOT UP TO TRAININ' WITH THE LOCAL RIDERS ,MIGHT NEVER BE ,HAS ANYONE FOUND THEMSELVES IN THIS PREDICAMENT.. LET ME KNOW

ASC1951

Guru
OI!! STOP SHOUTING.

There, that's better...

You could join a local club and go out with the C group, then the C group... then start doing gentler time trials... There are always races around for every age category, although of course the people who were good at 20 are still comparatively as good at 45.

Or you could compete against yourself and do Audaxes and Sportives. Or just become a recreational cyclist.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
never a more fitting candidate for the new
Time Crunched Cyclist
get the book, get training and ignore the last remark about recreational cycling.. :ohmy:

Keith Oates

Janner
Training with other people is good and lets you know where you stand in ability, but go out on your own and then chase down other riders when you see them or time yourself over certain routes or circuits and you'll soon be able to join a club and have some fun on the rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom